Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FYP Time

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Just FYI,

Monday 26th, FYP deadline date for 4th year BBS students, and as such, we are having a class party in the Stables. Its going to be great craic, so please come along.

Also, I'm having a session in my house all day first, just to get warmed up for the Stables :pac: so if people want to come over, PM me and I'll give you directions.
    *CSON, I'll probably have to draw you a map, seeing as you got lost going home the last time! :D

Good luck to all still finishing theirs as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Mossin wrote: »
    Just FYI,

Monday 26th, FYP deadline date for 4th year BBS students, and as such, we are having a class party in the Stables. Its going to be great craic, so please come along.

Have to say I thought the Email was hilarious - I'd say that party took some organising !!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

This is the entire email including intro and sign off....Mark must still be fipping!!
    4th Year BBS ‘End of FYP’ Class Party

Monday 26th January

Stables

7pm

DJCR wrote: »
    Have to say I thought the Email was hilarious - I'd say that party took some organising !!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    hav u sorted that 9am wednesday lecture yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

ninty9er wrote: »
    This is the entire email including intro and sign off....Mark must still be fipping!!

Sure what more do ya need; anything else and you'd be forwarding it to half of ITD shouting, "spam, spam, spam, spam" and waving little red flags on your high horse. Brevity is key! :pac:

• Advertisement

Sure what more do ya need; anything else and you'd be forwarding it to half of ITD shouting, "spam, spam, spam, spam" and waving little red flags on your high horse. Brevity is key! :pac:

I believe the quote is "brevity is the soul of wit":pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

So I've done copious amounts of reading and I nearly have survey responses so it's time to start writing.

Just wondering how you decided the word count up? Mainly, roughly how much should I write for my introduction cause that be where I'm starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

ergonomics wrote: »
    So I've done copious amounts of reading and I nearly have survey responses so it's time to start writing.

Just wondering how you decided the word count up? Mainly, roughly how much should I write for my introduction cause that be where I'm starting.

Leave writing your intro and conclusion to the end :cool:

Just dive into the main part and get that out of the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

klong wrote: »
    Leave writing your intro and conclusion to the end :cool:

Just dive into the main part and get that out of the way.

I don't even know where to start with the main bit. My superviser won't give me any help. I really wish I'd picked someone else. I asked him to recommend some books for reading, which I thought was fair enough. He said he didn't know of any suitable books...HE WROTE A BOOK ON THE SUBJECT.

I feel like I'm so behind, but I just don't know where to start writing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

ergonomics wrote: »
    I don't even know where to start with the main bit. My superviser won't give me any help. I really wish I'd picked someone else. I asked him to recommend some books for reading, which I thought was fair enough. He said he didn't know of any suitable books...HE WROTE A BOOK ON THE SUBJECT.

I feel like I'm so behind, but I just don't know where to start writing.

i'm leaving my intro and conclusion til the end as well, your best bet is just go to the library and start typing what you want to say right down the points you want to make and then try build around them, its the starting off thats the problem..my lit review is taking ages but im hoping it'll start flowing once im passed that.. well thats the plan anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Harpy wrote: »
    i'm leaving my intro and conclusion til the end as well, your best bet is just go to the library and start typing what you want to say right down the points you want to make and then try build around them, its the starting off thats the problem..my lit review is taking ages but im hoping it'll start flowing once im passed that.. well thats the plan anyway.

Exactly. The most important thing right now is to start getting words down on paper. It doesn't matter in what order- leave that to the editing process. You can always go back and change things later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Lads dont worry about the FYP. I did mine in four days...Oh wait now s the time to worry! Hope i pass !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Gambra

First meeting with the supervisor today (3rd year HPSS here), fingers crossed he'll take me on. Dreading the amount of work this is going to entail, though I've been collecting materials for a few months already (hooray for obscure politics subjects)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bobsxx

FYP time is scary!! im just starting mine!! did anyone do theres on the Celtic Tiger by any chance? If so, what are your thoughts :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭breedie

I think if you want some 'thoughts' (i.e. outline bibliography that you can start with/ completed one to 'read') you might want to be a bit more specific................degree course? approach? title???

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bobsxx

well my course is Public Admin and the title I am going with is 'The Celtic Tiger: Nature and Impact'

Advertisement