Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know where I can find this phone?

• 06-01-2009 1:37pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My dad has been using a Blackberry 7100v for years. He just lost it but does not want to get a new phone, he just wants the same one again.

Any idea where he could get one from? I've tried ebay but there are only ones from the UK and he needs an Irish one on Vodafone so that his email will work etc.

Any ideas what I can do to track one of these down?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

It wont matter where it comes from as long as it is unlocked, if the UK ones are unlocked it will work just as his one did over here. They dont make different phones for each country.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks. Are you absoltely 100% sure this is true, because a friend of mine who manages a mobile phone shop specifically told me not to buy one in the UK even if it is unlocked, he said to get all the settings etc right for email etc, it must be one bought in Ireland on Vodafone. I would have thought once it was unlocked it would have been fine, but I want to make sure I'm not buying a phone that will give problems etc

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Actually Blackberries are different for some strange reason. They will only allow access to the internet, email and maps applications when they are connected to their original network even when they're unlocked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

This post has been deleted.

The Blackberry setup is done OTA from a Blackberry site and cannot be done manually. The settings are contained in what are called "service books" and these are what control a user's email account configuration, Internet access, MMS etc; the service books can be resent from the handset once setup has been completed.

OP, I'd recommend contacting Vodafone's Data Support team and confirming that your Dad can buy a non-Irish Blackberry and use it on their network. I don't see an issue, but I would check nonetheless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement