Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Dun Laoghaire

Options
  • 06-01-2009 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Anyone know what was going on there about eleven this morning?

I was driving through the town and the was 4 garda cars outside, two up on the kerb outside the door.

I'm presuming it was robbed, just looking for confirmation because i'm nosey :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Yep, looks like a one man robbery took place just before 11am.

More information here and here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Ha, I'm glad i'm overdrawn now. no ones stealing my money in a bank raid :D

seriously, that seems a strange bank to rob, not exactly a quiet location

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yep on the main street but compared to the other banks (as far as i can remember) there's no glass dividing the staff and the customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Searlait

There is glass seperating the staff from the customers (I'm a regular in there because of work), its only the customer service desk that is exposed, but I guess that's normal in most banks.

I was talking to the girls in there after it happened - a guy went in, really discretely showed the girl at the particular window that he went to his gun and asked for all the money, then went to the next window and got all her money. They said no one knew what was going on as it happened. He only got €1,700 in all - I hope he thinks that was worth it for the ten years he'll get!!

As opposed to the AIB (same as all their branches) they have those security doors where you have to wait for the person in front to close the door behind you etc, there is little to no security in the Ulster Bank (I don't think any of the rest of them in DL are any better).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Searlait wrote: »
    snip

Bit late there aren't we:confused:;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Searlait

Ah, just passing on the little bits of info I know, is all!! :D

Advertisement