Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Auctions

Options
  • 06-01-2009 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Just want to know...

Car market is very slow... and thinking of selling my car through auction.

anybody done this?

what sort of sale price can you get? im guessing its a fair whack off the market value?

How long before a sale?

i know no-one can give exact answers but a guide would be nice.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭badinfleunce

what type of car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 irishiceman

subaru impreza sti

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Year mileage etc etc?

Could take a huge hit.

02 42miles very very clean....! not like some of the junk out there.

02 42miles very very clean....! not like some of the junk out there.

What value do you have for it? Are you trying to sell it as is? The market for that type of car is very minimal.

• Advertisement

What value do you have for it? Are you trying to sell it as is? The market for that type of car is very minimal.

these cars were valued @ 20plus last year its up for sale @ 13k ono @ the moment..... what do u mean as is?

these cars were valued @ 20plus last year its up for sale @ 13k ono @ the moment..... what do u mean as is?

What i mean is are you advertising the car now? If so where and how much? Do you plan on going to auction because you haven't had any interest? I wouldn't even look at the value they were making last year, completely different ball game.

What i mean is are you advertising the car now? If so where and how much? Do you plan on going to auction because you haven't had any interest? I wouldn't even look at the value they were making last year, completely different ball game.

yeah its up on adverts @ the moment.... im planning to go to auction because i would like to conclude a sale sooner rather than later as im leaving the country....there is lots of interest just no cheques yet.... i only mentioned last years value as thats what i paid €20k so €7k is pretty hefty already and €13k was an ono price....if you search for one of these you wont find one cleaner or any for that money... i know.... i looked @ them...

13k seems to be reasonable for what they are making. You could expect maybe 5 or 6k less at auction though, so i'd try putting it in a 10K and see if you get any interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

7K is a fair whack off the original price. Tbh going to auction might not be as impressive, you can never tell with these. The car might sell for 10K or 14K, you can never tell. There are a lot of Imprezas on the market now. Regardless of the year, peeps will still look to get a vehicle cheap. When going to auction the price is out of your hands, it's a risk.

I'd hang on a while and still try to sell it yourself.

(EDIT) Can the seller set a min price at an auction?

• Advertisement

pandaboy wrote: »
    EDIT) Can the seller set a min price at an auction?

They can, it's known as a reserve price.

yeah thats what i thought.... as far as i know you can enter a reserve for the car... so less risky that way......

thanks for the help

EDIT- Just saw ur post limerick man whoops

cheers for that. Is anyone aware of any car auctions in the Munster/Cork area? My neighbour goes to Kildare as far as I know for his cars at auction.

pandaboy wrote: »
    cheers for that. Is anyone aware of any car auctions in the Munster/Cork area? My neighbour goes to Kildare as far as I know for his cars at auction.

I know there is one in Limerick, out the Corbally direction, "Munster Car Auctions". But i haven't heard many good stories about it.

I know there is one in Limerick, out the Corbally direction, "Munster Car Auctions". But i haven't heard many good stories about it.

Ya, that's basically what the neighbour said, "car Auctions are worth the travel". I think the one he goes to is a Garda auction for repossessed vehicles and that. Got some cracking cars recently actually. A 00 Polo for like €1200 with all extras.

Advertisement