Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Wheelchair spaces

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Peter Kaye has a joke about how his mother always park in those spaces when he's in the car, who is to say how old the kid has to be??

They've copped onto that in a lot of places and are now called 'Mother & Toddler' spaces :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Mother and baby spaces are a joke and I have no problem parking in them.

They are only a joke when assholes don't honour that request.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

I would never park in a disabled space.

Its quite difficult to get a buggy put up between the cars in a normal space.
    Then to take the child out, who is still in his/her car seat, is also very difficult.

The only option is to try and leave the buggy at the end of the car, then you run the risk of a passing car clippin the buggy.
    Thats why the Mother and baby spaces are there , and usually wider as well

Its quite difficult to get a buggy put up between the cars in a normal space.
    Then to take the child out, who is still in his/her car seat, is also very difficult.

The only option is to try and leave the buggy at the end of the car, then you run the risk of a passing car clippin the buggy.
    Thats why the Mother and baby spaces are there , and usually wider as well

They managed in the past, the only difference now is that these buggies are like mini camper vans - If a parent wants to buy a mini spaceship as a buggy for their kids, that's their problem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

JohnCleary wrote: »
    They managed in the past, the only difference now is that these buggies are like mini camper vans - If a parent wants to buy a mini spaceship as a buggy for their kids, that's their problem

Ah but in the 'past' the nice lad on the bicycle came over with the groceries, or the babby was slung over the back of the donkey in the turf basket:rolleyes:

In fairness..ruthless asshole mannerless parking habits have incrementally increased with buggy width imo. And to be balanced, so have ankle clipping buggy wielding mean lookin' footpath mamas!

• Advertisement

Ah yes Cleary, all us parents buy spaceship buggies :rolleyes:. You don't know what you're talking about. Feck off would ya.
    Ever tried getting a baby in a car seat, into a car in a normal sized car space with cars parked either side of you?
    If anything, these parent/child spaces protect against swinging car doors dinging other cars parked in adjacent spaces.

you have an opinion on everything :rolleyes:
    Its just as well you have no kids

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Ah yes Cleary, all us parents buy spaceship buggies :rolleyes:. You don't know what you're talking about. Feck off would ya.
    Ever tried getting a baby in a car seat, into a car in a normal sized car space with cars parked either side of you?
    If anything, these parent/child spaces protect against swinging car doors dinging other cars parked in adjacent spaces.

Did I say ALL? NO. Get your fcuking facts right before you start raving on at me. If you can't handle a frickin' buggy in a car park too bad. Aren't buggies supposed to go in the boot anyhow? What the heck does the space to the SIDE of the car have to do with that? I've often had to get bigger and bulky objects out of the door of a car in a normal parking space so get over yourself

All i'm saying is that in the past parents managed fine without these spaces, what makes parents NEED them nowadays. Ooohhh boo hoo mammy has to walk an extra 50 yards to Tesco - and she wonders why she's got a fat arse :rolleyes:

you have an opinion on everything :rolleyes:
    Its just as well you have no kids

So having an opinion on an internet forum means you can't have kids? Shoite!

If you don't like my posts, use the IGNORE button. Otherwise, sit down and bear it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Did I say ALL? NO. Get your fcuking facts right before you start raving on at me. If you can't handle a frickin' buggy in a car park too bad. Aren't buggies supposed to go in the boot anyhow? What the heck does the space to the SIDE of the car have to do with that? I've often had to get bigger and bulky objects out of the door of a car in a normal parking space so get over yourself

All i'm saying is that in the past parents managed fine without these spaces, what makes parents NEED them nowadays. Ooohhh boo hoo mammy has to walk an extra 50 yards to Tesco - and she wonders why she's got a fat arse :rolleyes:

Now John, how do you know that fat arse is not, in fact, a form of disability? Tut tut!:p And I think you missed my point about the 'past'. In the past we had no wheelchair ramps, no loos on the ground floor, no beeping crosswalks, no baby changing areas etc..sure people 'managed'.
    We have managed a lot of things including wooden dentures.
    Doesn't mean we can't improve on them, does it?

• Advertisement

Oh Cleary your on fire today. there is a wider space there so you can safely lift your child out of the car and put them in the buggy at the side of the car

inisboffin wrote: »
    Now John, how do you know that fat arse is not, in fact, a form of disability? Tut tut!:p And I think you missed my point about the 'past'. In the past we had no wheelchair ramps, no loos on the ground floor, no beeping crosswalks, no baby changing areas etc..sure people 'managed'.
    We have managed a lot of things including wooden dentures.
    Doesn't mean we can't improve on them, does it?

Yeh fair point.

With regards to 'fat is not a disability' - Don't give them ideas! Sure aren't fatties calling their problem a 'disease'? Christ, stop fcuking eating everything you see and your disease will soon fade.

I think chronic obesity enables people for a disability disc meaning they'd have to walk less to shops etc? Oh the irony

Oh Cleary your on fire today. there is a wider space there so you can safely lift your child out of the car and put them in the buggy at the side of the car

Hey people managed without Health & Safety guidelines in the past too :pac: Stop trying to get me with 2 things!

So having an opinion on an internet forum means you can't have kids? Shoite!

If you don't like my posts, use the IGNORE button. Otherwise, sit down and bear it :pac:

Man, what would this form do without the hilarious ramblings of Mr. John Cleary
    IGNORE it is then (Ahhh that felt better)

Man, what would this form do without the hilarious ramblings of Mr. John Cleary
    IGNORE it is then (Ahhh that felt better)

Oh everyone else will see my posts... Yer not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are ya? :pac:

Did I say ALL? NO. Get your fcuking facts right before you start raving on at me. If you can't handle a frickin' buggy in a car park too bad. Aren't buggies supposed to go in the boot anyhow? What the heck does the space to the SIDE of the car have to do with that?

Havin' a bad day Cleary?
    Read my post again. I said carseat, not buggy.
    Yes buggies go in the boot.
    The space to the side of the car is about getting a carseat into the car.

I've often had to get bigger and bulky objects out of the door of a car in a normal parking space so get over yourself

All by yourself? *clap* *clap* *clap*
    Yeah parents managed fine back then, but we also managed fine without cars in the past.

Get back to us all when ya pop out a sprog or two and let us know how ya get on in the car parks.
    As I said, you don't know what your talking about.

DeadSkin wrote: »
    All by yourself? *fap* *fap* *fap*

FYP :pac:

FYP :pac:

Exactly. You haven't a clue what you're talking about.
    You were beat down, and you resort to trying to get a laugh.
    *applause*
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

I would never park in a disabled space.

Can you explain how they are a joke please. I am dying to know. In reality they allow the parents to park closer to the door so they are not herding uppredictibe ankle biters across a blanket of parked/speeding/reversing vehicles most likely in the rain.

When I was young, the four of us sat in the back of the car, no childs seats or seat belts. We managed but thats illegal now. 'Managing in the past' has no relevence on the present.

In fairness, if I can go about my business while allowing others a little more comfort and convienence while doing theirs, then thats what I will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

The day I see some people carrier sitting waiting for a parent & toddler slot when there are empty "normal" slots available is the day I'll accept they have a need.
    Pure PC pandering, imho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

big b wrote: »
    The day I see some people carrier sitting waiting for a parent & toddler slot when there are empty "normal" slots available is the day I'll accept they have a need.
    Pure PC pandering, imho

Nail + Head = /Thread

Advertisement