Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RC Heli - Maplin Lama 5

Options
  • 06-01-2009 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi folks - I got an RC helicopter as a present over the Christmas. It was labeled 'Lama 5' and through my problems I have found out that it was bought in Maplin. From another forum (heliguy.com) I have learned that these Maplin Lama 5's are made by a crowd called Syma and are really only a bad imitaion of the ESky Lama3.
    Al that aside, my main problem is that I managed to only get 2 x 10minutes test flights on the thing. On my second, I was doing quite well and unknowingly banjaxed the battery by allowing it to discharge completely - a bad thing to do with these Li-Po batterys apparently as they wont recharge after.

I have been back to my local Maplin store for a replacement battery and they directed me to their website as they did not have any in-store. I cannot find them on their website either. There seems to be endless amounts of genuine ESky Lama3 batteries available through different sites but from the dimensions provided, they wont fit in my Maplin Lama battery cradle.

I was wondering if anyone else had any other similiar problems with the Maplin Lama and if they have managed to source a suiable replacement battery anywhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Do you have a serial number for the battery, as a former Maplin employee I might be able to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DennisZ

locate your heli here http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?menuno=80581

check product page - there is a list of parts available .

I guess, battery you need has code N43FT or N42FT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 memyselfandi

Thanks very much Dennis - it's the N44FT I need - just ordered it.

When I was searching the maplin site I was looking specifically for 'LAMA' - I guess I should have widened it a bit like yourself - Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pncshop

Hi
    sorry to correct you but the LAMA 5 is made by COLCO not SYMA.
    The battery is available on ebay uk .. search for maplin lama 5 battery and you will find it. All spare parts are also available.
    regards
    Peter

Advertisement