Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog run wanted

Options
  • 06-01-2009 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Looking for ideas on where to get a decent dog run or how best to build 1 for a lab.
    Is chain link fencing strong enough ie. is it chew proof or is welded mesh the best option?
    How big should it be and how high,is 5ft enough?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

I am looking into this myself, from advice it looks like 12ft * 12ft is acceptable.
    Slope the base so the water runs away from it.
    Do a search on run or pen in the animals and pet issues section and you will see a good bit of info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

It depends where you are in the country, there a couple of companies, Cill Dara is one of them, based in Kildare obviously, if you google them you'll get their website, and Beechview, based in the north. I also found that local welding companies will make the same kind of panels for you, don't know how much they'd be though.

Advertisement