Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playoffs: Divisonal Matchups

• 06-01-2009 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭

Excellant Video of the Season so far...Bring on the Playoffs!!!

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80ddf5c8

If the link doesnt automatically work. Click on the Video down in the list below

Sat 10

Baltimore Ravens @ Tennessee Titans 9:30 pm

Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers 1:00 am

Sun 11

Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants 6:00pm

San Diego Chargers @ Pittsburgh Steelers 9:30pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Baltimore Ravens @ Tennessee Titans

Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers

Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants

San Diego Chargers @ Pittsburgh Steelers

Same as the above poster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants, Hope not, hope I'm wrong!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Baltimore Ravens @ Tennessee Titans It took me a long time to accept that the Titans were for real and their big win over the Steelers really made them serious contendors in my mind. No way I can go against them here. The Ravens can make it tough but I don't think they possess enough of an offensive threat.

Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers Cardinals benefited from a shocking perfromance by the Falcons, but this is the end of the road for them. Panthers by 20 points. When it matters their defence can step up and the Cards don't have one of them.

Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants Philly have been up and down and all around this year but the Giants look like they are back on track after a couple of shaky weeks in the late part of the regular season. I gotta say that I was impressed for the first time in a long time by Donovan McNabb last week but I still can't see them troubling a fresh Giants outfit.

San Diego Chargers @ Pittsburgh Steelers Steelers D is savage and if Big Ben and Willie Parker are ready for action then this looks like one way traffic to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

4 home wins. Ravens and Philly have a chance but SD and Cards are as good as out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Sat 10

Baltimore Ravens @ Tennessee Titans 9:30 pm - I was very tempted to go for the Ravens here but after thinking about it the only way I can really see the Ravens forcing out a win here is through interceptions and turnovers. The Titans can halt the running backs of the Ravens and Joe Flacco. Tennessee by 7+

Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers 1:00 am - There should only be one winner here. Cardinals have flattered to deceive and they will be done this Saturday. Carolina by 7-10 points.

Sun 11

Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants 6:00pm - Game of the weekend for me. Philly have all kinds of momentum with them right now but the Giants are coming back into form themselves. The return of Brandon Jacobs will be a HUGE boost for them in this one. I'd take the Giants by 3-4 points here.

San Diego Chargers @ Pittsburgh Steelers 9:30pm - Steelers have to put an end to the Chargers at Heinz Field. If not I can see the Chargers going all the way. The Steelers defense has enough to deal with this apparent new Messiah in Darren Sproles as well as Philip Rivers. A lot will depend on how Big Ben and Willie Parker fare against what did appear to be a rejuvenated San Diego defense but I have to trust the gut here and take Pittsburgh by 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Baltimore Ravens @ Tennessee Titans - The two defenses seem well matched to me so it will be up to the offenses to win this one. Ravens offense scored only once off the 4 turnovers that they got possession off last week. Titans wont be as generous and their offense should be be better

Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers - Was surprised they got through the playoff match but home advantage and a bad Falcons performance got them through. Panthers should run out easy winners here

Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants - This for me is the hardest match to call. The two have good run defenses so it may come down to the passing game and without Burress the Giants receiving options are stretched.

San Diego Chargers @ Pittsburgh Steelers - This is more in hope as i would love to see a one time 4-8 team go on to win the Superbowl. Rivers is playing well and Sproles will be dangerous. The Pittsburgh defense will keep the score low but it all depends on how Pittsburghs offense plays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

The Titans game I believe centres around Haynesworth and Vanden Bosch and whether they're fully fit. If they can play at 100% I believe the Titans will win, if not the Ravens have a chance
    I think the Cardinals-Panthers will be close for three quarters but that the Cardinals LBs will get worn down by the dual running threat and the Panthers will pull ahead in the 4th quarter because the Cards defence will have been on the field too much
    I fancy an Eagles upset
    Steelers for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Anyone take the steelers -6 at evens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Baltimore Ravens @ Tennessee Titans - Just don't see the Titans doing this. The Ravens will stop the running game and it'll be up to Collins. Reed to pick off Collins at least twice.

Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers - I wouldn't be surprised with a Cardinals win here. There defence was very strong against the Falcons and the rebirth of Edgerrin James is absolutely massive. The Panthers will probably have just too much for them though.

Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants - Well I was at the game in Giants Stadium earlier on this year and the Giants were piss poor. Even before Jacobs went out injured they couldn't get a run game going. I don't believe Eli will win the game for them and I think McNabb will for the Eagles.

San Diego Chargers @ Pittsburgh Steelers - This is the one I'm not sure about at all. One of the best defences in the NFL against one of the best defences. Personally I think it's all down to Roethlisberger. He was concussed two weeks ago and it's up to him to step up. He can't throw interceptions and he DEFINITELY can not fumble the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Sat 10

Sun 11

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Archimedes wrote: »
    Sat 10

Sun 11

Are they irish times?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Are they irish times?

Yeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭chrissor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Trippie wrote: »
    Anyone take the steelers -6 at evens?

Nope.. Now way are the Steelers giving the Chargers 6 and winning.

Check this out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090109

Scroll to very end.

Yes, I'm a Bolts fan but I cannot see the Steelers scoring more than 17. Question is can the Chargers score more?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

Sat 10

Sun 11

Ooh that FG could just win it for the Ravens.

Its done. Ravens win :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Can't believe the Ravens got away with that delay of game penalty on that final drive.
    That's 2 weeks running the refereeing has determined the outcome of a game IMO.

davyjose wrote: »
    Can't believe the Ravens got away with that delay of game penalty on that final drive.
    That's 2 weeks running the refereeing has determined the outcome of a game IMO.
    Yeah it was bad alright but Tenessee have only themselves to blame really, they had a lot of chances to put the game away but came up with huge errors on the field.
    I thouroughly enjoyed the game, fantastic defense on both sides. A great playoff game, pity there had to be a loser.

I think the Titans will be back next year and that sort of thing happens to inexperienced playoff teams year after year.

Now to watch an even better defense and I hope they win this one, them Chargers don't deserve to be in the playoffs imo, with teams with better records not in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

man fitzgearld is insane!! I think its between him, Moss and Calvin Johnson for best hands in the league. If he continues to have a huge game the cardinals have a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fox1978

I chuckling away to myself watching the Cardinals do what none of us thought they would - and that's winning!!! :pac:

Fox1978 wrote: »
    I chuckling away to myself watching the Cardinals do what none of us thought they would - and that's winning!!! :pac:

Yeah its savage!! Im a Giants fan but ive been a Cardinals sympathiser for years. I always wanted to see them do well since they were so crap!!

My only worry is that they had a lead like this against the Panthers in the regular season and blew it.

This is ludricous, I am now totally confused. How can a team thats unbeaten at home all season make such a mess of it against a poor defence like the Cardinals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

I cannot believe what i'm watching here. I'd nearly swear my tv is broken or something. It reminds me of the 'Bizarro World' episode of Seinfeld.

Will they hold out??

Somebody call it,because i'm lost.

eagle eye wrote: »
    This is ludricous, I am now totally confused. How can a team thats unbeaten at home all season make such a mess of it against a poor defence like the Cardinals.

I know ive said it before but FITZGEARLD IS SAVAGE!!! The problem is that with Boldin out, Carolina might just put EVERYONE on Fitzgearld at halftime and make Breaston and Urban beat them.

I am going to predict this ends up like the Cards game against the Jets, Panthers come out in the second half and go score crazy, like never before.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Is anybody delighted like me that the underdogs are winning?
    I just love upsets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

nfc west aint looking so bad now...lol

Man i cant believe the Cardinals did it!! Happy out now, cos i did not want the Giants to have to play the panthers again. And if the eagles win ive the card to root for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

What just happened?

mdwexford wrote: »
    What just happened?

Cardinals won 33 - 13. Delhomme threw 5 picks. Larry fitzgearld was huge he caught 8 for 166 yards. The Cards ran for 145 yard and the Panthers had 75. Unbelievable.

Hynzie wrote: »
    Cardinals won 33 - 13. Delhomme threw 5 picks. Larry fitzgearld was huge he caught 8 for 166 yards. The Cards ran for 145 yard and the Panthers had 75. Unbelievable.

lol sorry, it was one of those rhetorical question things im afraid ;)

Im just stunned at that result. :D

• Advertisement

mdwexford wrote: »
    lol sorry, it was one of those rhetorical question things im afraid ;)

Im just stunned at that result. :D

Ah i see:D I was thinking why you didnt just go to nfl.com or something!! Im very tierd!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Great to see the Ravens so close to Superbowl. COME ON. Was a horrible match to watch last night though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Great show by the Cards. Their D really stepped up but by god was Jake the Snake poor. All bar one turnover rests solely on his shoulders.

One thing I would say on the cards poor performance this season is that they pretty much knew early on they were winning the West and they were more or less out of the running early on with regards to the no1 or 2 seed so for a lot of the season there was little to play for. Then they get tons of media coverage saying they shouldn't be in the playoffs as the don't deserve it and it lights a fire.

Still I would imagine the Eagles and Giants would both be happy enough with the outcome of that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Wow, that was pretty crazy. Who would have thought it Arizona beating both teams from the NFC south in the play-offs. Imagine the odds you would have gotten for that.

Only a few hours to go! Come on the Iggs!!! E-A-G-L-E-S!

• Advertisement

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Still I would imagine the Eagles and Giants would both be happy enough with the outcome of that game.

I'd say the Falcons and the Panthers thought that as well, how wrong they were. Start giving the Cardinals some much deserved credit they are playing great football. And if they can stop both the Falcons and Panthers running game I can't see there being any reason why they shouldn't stop the Eagles, Giants would be a bit harder but still very possible.

In Warner I Trust.

Come on Cards'!

Fox1978 wrote: »

I picked them to win, I believed they could from the word go. It's time to get behind Kurt Warner and the boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

It's so dissapointing for the Titans and Panthers when you get bumped out in the divisional game following the bye week.

It's the worst exit and end to a season that. Experienced it too many times with the Colts.

Looks like its gonna happen to the Giants as well, all the home teams having nightmare games this weekend.

This one is strangely similar to the Titans/Ravens yesterday in that the Giants have only themselves to blame for being behind at this late stage of the game. They have had so many chances to be well ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

mwahaha i hope the Giants go :D

so far im actually pretty happy with how stuff has gone. although i like the Panthers im happy to see the underdog Cardinals go through....and in the Ravens case??? well i just hate the Titans cause im a Jaguars fan :D

HELL YEAH!!!
    Awesome game from the Eagles D. Bend but don't break.

Eli had a bit of a meltdown but credit to the Eagles D and also the O for putting points on the board when we needed it.

Cardinals next and it's not gonna be easy.

Who would have thought we'd be watching the Eagles going to Arizona in the NFC Championship game. Amazing... amazing...

Come on San Diego lets make it mental!

\o/

bollix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Touchdown. Why couldn't the Colts do that ONCE last week???

• Advertisement
Advertisement