Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

METEOR BROADBAND

Options
  • 06-01-2009 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

does anyone know when its due out ?

what price range will it be in ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's out in some areas.
    They've actually quietly had EDGE for ages.

It's not Broadband, but Mobile Internet using GSM infrastructure for EDGE and the newer 3G sites they adding for 3G/HSDPA data (Midband).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

There's a Broadband Trial going on at the moment, which ends February. Prices for the trialists are €5/day or €25 (bill) and €30 (PAYG) per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

anyone used it yet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

what kind of a download limit will they have?10gb?more maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭long_b

Used it for a month.
    It was good ans quick where you could get the 3G signal, but you'd expect that seeing as there would be bugger on it as it's a trial.

AFAIK the limit is 10 GB.

There's a big thread on it over in the Mobiles & PDAs forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Erm it's out of the trials stages lads fyi. I'm on a meteor contract phone at the moment and can hapilly get 3G coverage without having to jump through any hoops. It's commercially available now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Yeah I've had it for about a month on pay as you go. Was an upgrade phone and all when I got 3G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

There is a thread in Mobiles & PDAs if you want to read up more

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭long_b

Thinks this is worth clearing up.

High speed mobile internet data via you phone is available now in some areas provided you have a Meteor phone.

Mobile broadband for your PC/laptop/Mac via dedicated USB dongle thingy is currently on trial and will probably be available in the next couple of months..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cyberluna

I've just received my dongle for meteor broadband. I've tested it in at Ushers quay in dublin, lucan and harolds cross so far - getting speeds of about 1Mb download - 500Kb upload.
    I think the trial is up at the end of this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sff

I've heard the mobile broadband through usb dongles, I think the e180 for meteor, is rolling out in june/july this year. Initially it'll only be Dublin and one other city, can't remember which one though.

Advertisement