Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Japan Pro Wrestling

• 06-01-2009 4:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭

Having watched the 2nd Global Impact yesterday i'm really interested in watching some NJPW and actually following the storylines as opposed to just watching the matches. So can anyone point me in the direction of some websites that'll fill me in on what's going on at the minute? They don't even seem to have an English version of their official site!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Great to see someone geting interested in japanse Wrestling. I'm forever trying to encourage people to give it a try. This is probably your best bet in terms of an English site that specifically follows New Japan: http://www.puroresufan.com/njpw/

Unfortunately "official" type English sites for Japanese promotions are few and far between. I would mainly browse the Puro (this is the internet term for Japanese pro-wrestling) sections various pro-wrestling forums to keep up with results and happenings in Japan. The Purotopia section of the forum on www.deathvalleydriver.com is fairly good.

As a matter of interest are there any opther Puro fans on here? I know Fozzy is and Gimmick watches a bit but I've never heard anyone else even discuss it which saddens me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

New Japan had the best wrestling that I saw last year. Some great matches and some interesting stories too. There was a lot of unexpected stuff last year, mainly Keiji Muto becoming the IWGP champion

The first link that flahavaj posted has a good messageboard that I sometimes have a look at to keep up with things. If you sign up you'll see some hidden forums there that would be very helpful too

It's interesting to watch Fergal Devitt there too. He never stops improving

Advertisement