Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kitchen world vs Cash and carry? Advice please...

• 06-01-2009 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I'm thinking of changing the kitchen soon and am wondering what peoples experiences are of these two suppliers. Is there any real difference in prices, quality etc..? Any advice much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Ikea FTW! Half the price of Cash & carry last summer, even better than that now.

I've no experience of Kitchen world, so cant say anything about them.
    The builder we had this year uses Cash & Carry and says they're good quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 frass_talker

deswalsh wrote: »
    Ikea FTW! Half the price of Cash & carry last summer, even better than that now.

I've no experience of Kitchen world, so cant say anything about them.
    The builder we had this year uses Cash & Carry and says they're good quality.

I don't really like the idea of getting a flat pack kitchen, but you can't argue with the price. Is there any difference in the quality or materials?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

I bought a fitted kitchen and several sets of fitted wardrobes from cash & carry kitchens over 3 years ago, I used one of their fitters and was very happy with the materials and the fitout.

I noticed a defect on a couple of the wardrobe doors recently, (the skin that covers the doors, had loosened slightly from the door, causing a bubble effect.)

I called Cash & Carry Kitchens to see how much it would cost to have it rectified. They took my details and called me back and said it would not cost me a penny. They said they would replace the doors that were defective/damaged and replace all of the other wardrobe doors too so as to avoid any visible discolouration.

They replaced 12 wardrobe doors in total at no extra cost to me. Considering I bought these 4 years ago this summer, I think that is fantastic customer service.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Shifty wrote: »
    I bought a fitted kitchen and several sets of fitted wardrobes from cash & carry kitchens over 3 years ago, I used one of their fitters and was very happy with the materials and the fitout.

I noticed a defect on a couple of the wardrobe doors recently, (the skin that covers the doors, had loosened slightly from the door, causing a bubble effect.)

I called Cash & Carry Kitchens to see how much it would cost to have it rectified. They took my details and called me back and said it would not cost me a penny. They said they would replace the doors that were defective/damaged and replace all of the other wardrobe doors too so as to avoid any visible discolouration.

They replaced 12 wardrobe doors in total at no extra cost to me. Considering I bought these 4 years ago this summer, I think that is fantastic customer service.

Hope that helps

Thats fairly typical of them from what I hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 frass_talker

Sabotage wrote: »
    Personally I wouldnt go near Kitchen World: http://www.sbpost.ie/post/pages/p/story.aspx-qqqt=IRELAND-qqqm=nav-qqqid=38470-qqqx=1.asp

Cash and Carry have a great range and are having a sale at the moment.

Im not really worried about that. Customer payments are guaranteed and they have a great sale on now too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I don't really like the idea of getting a flat pack kitchen, but you can't argue with the price. Is there any difference in the quality or materials?

The Ikea kitchen is great quality, I cant find any fault with it, and it was a doddle to put together.
    I cant comment on the quality of the Cash & carry kitchens, but what was in their showromm seemed the same as any other kitchens I looked at.

A complete small kitchen from Ikea cost me less than €1000 last summer, and I was quoted €2500 by Cash & carry without the sink and a lot of the extras I got in Ikea. Still, it took a few days labour to get it all put in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 BOMBAY2

I got kitchen 2 months ago from allaboutkitchens, the had much better selection of kitchens great displays, the price was 300 less than kitchen world, 500 less than C&C for a better door and the design was far superior.
    the fitter took out old kitchen, done all plumbing and electrical work.
    they had some great stuff i could not afford like curved doors and and hand painted kitchens.

well worth a look i think phone number is 018237757.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jessica2

I'm thinking of changing the kitchen soon and am wondering what peoples experiences are of these two suppliers. Is there any real difference in prices, quality etc..? Any advice much appreciated.

Just had a kitchen fitted by Kitchen world and would never use them again. Price for fitting the kitchen changed considerably from what was originally quoted and the kitchen i have does not match the drawings that were agreed. have complained but they just ignored me. Wish I'd gone to B&Q they have lovely kitchens and I'm sure their customer service would at least exist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭mossie110

i bought a kitchen a few years ago from mfi. with no problems, flat pack kitchens aren't a bad thing, people have this impression that the flat pack kitchen are cheap and nasty, but in fact pick the right one and you will find them very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

I got my kitchen from B&Q last year and love it. They have a great showroom in Liffey Valley. Kitchen design process very easy, was given printouts of how finished kitchen would look. And considering every single item was delivered from England, there was not one thing missing. But do not get them to fit it, the price they quoted to fit mine cost almost as much as the kitchen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Bought a Cash & Carry kitchen and fitted myself, very impressed with build quality..Lads in Galway were good to deal with.

Only crib I'd have is the top cornice is a bit on the thin side, so using a small L-Bracket on the miters was out.

Other than that, good job... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Evertonian

My sister got a Kitchen World kitchen installed before Christmas, she has had nothing but problems with it i.e missing doors, no customer service and she said she would never deal with them again, There is a company called Homevibe in Carrickmines who sell German/Italian kitchens, excellent quality, very easy to deal with and competively priced, you should have a look at them.

Hope all goes well!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭cork2

mossie110 wrote: »
    flat pack kitchens aren't a bad thing, people have this impression that the flat pack kitchen are cheap and nasty, but in fact pick the right one and you will find them very good.

exactly and what people with these mad ideas about the flatpacks dont realise is that every kitchen starts as a flat pack just that some are assembled in a workshop and some on site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭J.R.

6th wrote: »
    Thats fairly typical of them from what I hear.

I bought a kitchen from Cash & Carry 5 years ago. Last year the worktop 'blew'.....not at edges, mitres or ends but in the centre of a long run....it just raised up like a 'hump' in the centre.

Called to cash & carry & explained. They told me that if water damage caused thr hump it wouldn't be covered.....but they'd definitely send a rep. out to look at it.

Rep. arrived and had a good look at worktop. Agreed it wasn't water damage and admitted that he couldn't explain it...never saw it before. There and then he said that they would replace entire worktop. He also said we could change the colour if we wanted...go for whatever worktop pattern you like.

The worktop was a tricky fit when installed ....4 long lengths with third one mitred at an angle on both sides ('invisible mitre') and the other worktops were all joined with an 'invisible mitre'. Also worktop on shelf over hob.

The worktop also had long presses with glass doors which rested on the worktops at either end.

Cash & Carry kitchen fitters came & removed all worktops. Their electrician & plumber came & removed gas hob & sink. New worktops were installed and all services reconnected.....all in one day.....they said they were not going to leave until it was finished.

That evening we had new worktops with everything reinstalled......absolutely delighted and couldn't recommend them highly enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dragon_eire

just to echo some previous comments above. avoid kitchen world like the plague. like a previous user i had to pay for the kitchen up front, the carpenter took INCORRECT measurements and the kitchen was completely off spec. ridiculous. cowboys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,812 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I got a run of wardrobes from Cash and Carry a few years ago and they were very easy to assemble, my daughter and I put them together and they have been perfect since.
    The only thing to remember with C&C is that you buy the kitchen, then you employ the fitter - even if he is from C&C. (Unless they have changed the system recently) So if he makes a mess of the job it is your problem, not theirs. We have not had that problem, just mentioning it so people will be aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Curlz24

looksee wrote: »
    I got a run of wardrobes from Cash and Carry a few years ago and they were very easy to assemble, my daughter and I put them together and they have been perfect since.
    The only thing to remember with C&C is that you buy the kitchen, then you employ the fitter - even if he is from C&C. (Unless they have changed the system recently) So if he makes a mess of the job it is your problem, not theirs. We have not had that problem, just mentioning it so people will be aware.
    The above info is incorrect.
    C and C fitters are independent fitters.

On another note,Kitchen world have since gone bust,Theres a shock:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭1922

glad i found this thread. was in with c&c today. found them excellent. loved the design they came up with and i'm delighted to read these excellent reviews. have a few more places to visit yet mind :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭BOND747

I got my kitchen from Rite price Kitchens and i thought there service and price were very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

1922 wrote: »
    glad i found this thread. was in with c&c today. found them excellent. loved the design they came up with and i'm delighted to read these excellent reviews. have a few more places to visit yet mind :)

Sorry for digging this thread up but how are you getting on with the search?
    We're in the process of changing our kitchen and have been looking around too.
    C&C seem to be roughly the same price as IKEA but does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to get the kitchens fitted?
    Is there a going rate at the moment for stuff like this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 waterboats

Evertonian wrote: »
    My sister got a Kitchen World kitchen installed before Christmas, she has had nothing but problems with it i.e missing doors, no customer service and she said she would never deal with them again, There is a company called Homevibe in Carrickmines who sell German/Italian kitchens, excellent quality, very easy to deal with and competively priced, you should have a look at them.

Hope all goes well!!!!!!
    We bought a Kitchen from Kitchenworld and it was installed this week mobnday 16th August 2010. They were great everything arrived on time NO DAMAGE . martin the installer was brilliant all done in two days total cost 2,500 Well done kitchenworld .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭fm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 knoweledgeman

just to echo some previous comments above. avoid kitchen world like the plague. like a previous user i had to pay for the kitchen up front, the carpenter took INCORRECT measurements and the kitchen was completely off spec. ridiculous. cowboys.

Kitchenworld have just finished our Kitchen Ivory Prague 21/09/2010 ,We got all our appliances, and a great deal on Granite from their reccomended supplier . Brendan the fitter done a very detailed survey and has completed a beautifull instalation . Highly reccomend them . we paid a small deposit and the balance on delivery . Its good to see companies doing well in these hard times .Well done Kitchenworld

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gym bunny 21

Kitchen world just finished our kitchen and we would highly recommend them to anyone. One feck up on the morning of fitting, my husband asked the builder to reduce the box in the corner of the kitchen at the last minute. The fitter discovered this in an instant (**** !) but the Fitter Mick got into the factory in Dublin and they sent down two new cabinets to make the kitchen work much better. All done Kitchen, Appliances, electrical and plumbing in less than 3 days. No extra charges for our little morning surprise for them in the wall being changed! Got a much better deal than the Cash & Carry deal on offer. We would highly recommend them ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 DP Kilcullen

Dragon Eire

In response to your 1st ever post on boards.ie
    All kitchen companies mentioned require payment up front in one way or another .

Also all companies mentioned offer a supply only service in which they will offer a list of independent installers

There is real value in the Irish Market for repalcement Kitchens

Support Irish Companies
    Listed below are a few companies in my area

Kildare / Dublin Area

All Class Kitchens
    Leinster Kitchens
    Clarke Kitchens
    Timber Craft
    Kitchen World
    Cash & Carry Kitchens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

DP Kilcullen,in reply to your second post on boards
    waterboats wrote: »
    We bought a Kitchen from Kitchenworld ...... They were great .......on time NO DAMAGE .......... Well done kitchenworld .
    fm wrote: »
    Kitchenworld have just finished our Kitchen ................. . Highly reccomend them .......Well done Kitchenworld
    Kitchen world just finished our kitcen.......................................... We would highly recommend them ....

Seems strange to me that Kitchen world have re-appeared after liquidation and then suddenly
    Waterboats (2 posts)
    Gym bunny 21 (4 posts)
    Knowledgeman (4 posts)
    all appear on Boards with wonderful stories about Kitchen world,and conveniently point out all the good stories about the very complaints on here.

Walks like a duck quacks like a duck...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Lcore

Kitchenworld Drogheda are fab to Deal with. They offer Free Survey and Free Design service, By Qualified Designers, weather it be Interior Designers, Cabinet Makers ect. Plan, design, Formulate design which is practical, aesthetic, and conducive to intended purposes. Estimate material requirements and costs..., and present design to client for approval. Confer with client to determine factors affecting planning interior environments, such as budget, architectural preferences, and purpose and function. Advise client on interior design factors, such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings and equipment, and color coordination. Select or design, and Advise on furnishings, art works, and accessories. Subcontract fabrication, installation, and arrangement of carpeting, fixtures, accessories, draperies, paint and wall coverings, art work, furniture, and related items. Render design ideas in form of paste-ups or 3D drawings.

Pricing is very compeditive, and will take only a % of the balance up front, and balance the day before delivery. All there units come assembled and work on a 10 day Lead time wich is excellent.

pricing depends on the amount of units. a 3m x 3m x 3m u shaped kitchen with kitchenworld works out at around €450 around €150 for plumbing and €150 for electrics.

Heroditas wrote: »
    Sorry for digging this thread up but how are you getting on with the search?
    We're in the process of changing our kitchen and have been looking around too.
    C&C seem to be roughly the same price as IKEA but does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to get the kitchens fitted?
    Is there a going rate at the moment for stuff like this?

pricing depends on the amount of units. a 3m x 3m x 3m u shaped kitchen with kitchenworld works out at around €450 around €150 for plumbing and €150 for electrics

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭drBill

Lcore wrote: »
    Kitchenworld Drogheda are fab to Deal with. They offer Free Survey and Free Design service, By Qualified Designers, weather it be Interior Designers, Cabinet Makers ect. Plan, design, Formulate design which is practical, aesthetic, and conducive to intended purposes. Estimate material requirements and costs..., and present design to client for approval. Confer with client to determine factors affecting planning interior environments, such as budget, architectural preferences, and purpose and function. Advise client on interior design factors, such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings and equipment, and color coordination. Select or design, and Advise on furnishings, art works, and accessories. Subcontract fabrication, installation, and arrangement of carpeting, fixtures, accessories, draperies, paint and wall coverings, art work, furniture, and related items. Render design ideas in form of paste-ups or 3D drawings.

Pricing is very compeditive, and will take only a % of the balance up front, and balance the day before delivery. All there units come assembled and work on a 10 day Lead time wich is excellent.

Just wondering do you work for Kitchenworld yourself, or connected with them in any way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

drBill wrote: »
    Just wondering do you work for Kitchenworld yourself, or connected with them in any way?

drBill. I'd ignore those posts that praise Kitchenworld if I were you. fm posted a link that dates back to a year ago stating they CLOSED DOWN.

Ronin247 is on the ball. Ducks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

I got my kitchen from B&Q a couple of years ago. It's oak effect and looks well - would have no qualms with the quality.

However I found their designer awful. I should have studied the plans in more detail but he put the sink over the door to a corner press so I couldn't access anything. Ended up having to move the sink to a different unit and ended up losing space for my washing machine.

There was also a lot of stuff missing when it was collected. It was no bother getting the correct stuff from the customer services people but having to make extra trips was a pain.

Price and quality wise I would recommend them, but would advise that you study their plans very carefully!! Would have saved me a lot of heartache. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭drBill

drBill. I'd ignore those posts that praise Kitchenworld if I were you. fm posted a link that dates back to a year ago stating they CLOSED DOWN.

Ronin247 is on the ball. Ducks!!!

Indeed - but don't you just love these impartial punters :rolleyes: who take the time to sign up to boards just to lavish praise on a company which, of course, they have no connection with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭damomeasa

Bumping this. Has anyone used Kitchen World or Cash and Carry recently?

Kitchen World seem to be back in business with a new manufacturing plant on the Long Mile Road.

Likewise, has anyone got any experience with In House or Concept Kitchens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭grazeaway

damomeasa wrote: »
    Bumping this. Has anyone used Kitchen World or Cash and Carry recently?

Kitchen World seem to be back in business with a new manufacturing plant on the Long Mile Road.

Likewise, has anyone got any experience with In House or Concept Kitchens?

avoid kitchenworld, they will tell you want thy can do it extacly how you want but then turn up on teh day with a different story. long story short, avoid avoid avoid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Recently used Cash & Carry in Galway and they were really good to work with, from the word go. No problem with chopping and changing things right up to the (nearly) last minute and their fitter did a very good job installing the units.
    Would have no hesitation using them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭jenggg

Sorry to drag this up again but any more experiences with Kitchen World recently???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭grazeaway

jenggg wrote: »
    Sorry to drag this up again but any more experiences with Kitchen World recently???

Was still having to deal with upto a few months ago. In the end we just washed our hands of them and decided to just move on and be rid of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭dazberry

jenggg wrote: »

Used them about 2 years ago. I've mixed feelings about them tbh. What they did was decent enough and they did agree to address anything I raised with them afterwards, but for the fact of what I had to raise with them - I don't think I'd be inclined to use them again.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 FamilyH

Nothing has changed as of today. We had our kitchen fitted recently by Cash and Carry and the extractor fan is useless. We are trying for weeks to get this issue resolved and it is very challenging... They are ignoring the fact that the product sold to us is not faulty, it is just unsuitable to our kitchen and we want this solved. Unfortunately we have received this unbelievable reply:

"If there is an issue with the extractor then will we be happy to replace with no cost to you. I can ask L..... to send out an engineer to have a look for you. If it is faulty they will replace it.
    Please be informed that if it is not faulty then K.... will charge you a call out fee.
    Could you please let L.... know if you need an Engineer she will organise this for you straight away.

We are escalating to higher management and hoping that the problem will be resolved in a professional manner. to be continued....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

Avoid Cash & Carry Kitchens, there kitchens are cheap, there Dublin based installer could not install a kitchen to save his life,
    if your looking to get a good quality kitchen and have saved up for a long time,
    go with neater of these two company's, spend a little extra and go for a bigger company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Muhammad Farooq

Hi
    I got my kitchen supplied and fitted by Cash and carry in july 2018 and kitchen was started peeling off i contact with Cash and Carry kitchen in December 2019 after seven months the guy visits us and we were informed that it is due to wear and tear, when i contact them how you can say this as it is only 18 months and it is neither damaged by water nor by hitting something, than today they send me email that it is because of steam in kitchen
    Extractor fan was supplied and fitted by them which was not properly fixed by their old fitter even the guy was laughing when he saw this extractor fan
    I have only option to contact my Solicitor

Advertisement