Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dawkins Box set

Options
  • 06-01-2009 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

Got the box set Enemies of reason, Root of all Evil and Genius of Charles Darwin for christmas ...

have seen Root of all Evil and Enemies of Reason, and 1st ep of Darwin ..

excellent ... especially enemies of reason when he makes a fool out of a reader and pretty much proves Astrology and dowsing for the sham that they are...

anyone recommend good DVDs by Mr Dawkins ? ...

im looking at the four horsemen.... any good ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Have just started reading 'The God Delusion'...its only a matter of pages before he calls people who belive in God as stupid and brain dead...lol...he is not the most eloquent..but I'll read all of it before judging

Anyone any thoughts on this book.

ps fundmentally I agree with his views so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Have just started reading 'The God Delusion'...its only a matter of pages before he calls people who belive in God as stupid and brain dead...lol...he is not the most eloquent..but I'll read all of it before judging

Anyone any thoughts on this book.

ps fundmentally I agree with his views so far

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054990149 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

I think of all of Dawkins books I've read and programs I've seen. The book "The Ancestor's Tale: A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Evolution" is my favourite. Well worth a read IMHO. The Selfish Gene is well up there too.

Dave OS

Advertisement