Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making gold in WotLK

Options
  • 06-01-2009 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭

So anyone got any tips? I'm working on levelling herb/insc on my DK. My main is an enchanter/alchemist and disenchanting is deffinitely profitable so far with the current price of dusts/essences etc. I really want to get my epic mount for my DK though and one of those mammoths for my main so if anyone has any tips on AH/farming/professions etc then please share :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭KilOit

Im able to make 400g in an hour or 2 buying hi level greens off AH, get 2 essences alot from weapons lvl 75-80 can buy them for 10-20g and sell 1 essence for 35-40g at certain times on my server,

Also farm magic class cloak enchants in Icecrown if you don't learn them and mail them to an alt they can drop again i just mail them to an alt and get another one they sell for about 100g and although wowhead says there 1%drop rate there really about 25% drop rate, problem is there supposed to be BOP but are BOE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

i make a fair whack a day by buying up cobalt cheap and making the low mats BS stuff then dissing it.

The dust is worth a fortune on my server and cobalt goes very cheap atm.

Also stock up on dream shards for the next patch, as prices will rocket up on them with the new enchants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

KilOit wrote: »
    Also farm magic class cloak enchants in Icecrown

What are these? Or linky?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Farm cloth/silver/greens 24 hours a day,

Then mail the cloth to your tailor alt, create level 75 Duskweave Belts, send them to your enchanter alt, along with any greens you find while farming.

Use the enchanter alt to shard everything, and there you go! 3-4k per day without breaking a sweat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Been stocking up a few shards alright for next patch along with Ink of the Sea. The price of Infinite Dust and Greater essences will prob drop though as they're reducing the amount required for enchants. Prob means I'll get less for my enchant scrolls too :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭KilOit

Drakar wrote: »
    What are these? Or linky?

http://www.wowhead.com/?items=9.8&filter=qu=2;na=cloak;minle=79;maxle=80

you can't learn them or hold onto to them or they won't drop again

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Darr3nG

I'm finding that questing (now I'm 80) is generating decent amounts of gold - 10-25 per hand-in. Quests are easy and I can pick up a bunch in the same area. In Icecrown at the minute. Decent return on vendor trash and sending greens to my alt for DE.

Plus it's getting my rep up too!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

I've been trying to earn some gold for my epic flying skill too. Its not been fun.

All I could think of doing was farming Borean Leather, get a guildie to turn it into Heavy Borean Leather and then sell for 150g per stack. Takes 40 minutes per stack. Also, while skinning, Arctic Fur drops a lot for me which is selling for 80-90g per piece on my server. I think I farmed about 20x Arctic Fur today.

Also, any greens I get my friend disenchants for me and I sell on AH. I made 1700g today, which was pretty nice. Its just so boring. :(
    Only 2k till my epic flying skill and my flying carpet. hehe!! :D:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I started soloing TBC 5 mans on my DK recently mostly for fun and soon realised i could make 300-400 g in an hour.
    The other day i soloed ramps, blood furnace then Shadow labs and from money looted and the tonne of greens and blues i made 380 gold, it took only 65-70 mins max.
    The following day i made 403 g from running Auchendi Crypts,Mana Tombs,Shadow Labs and Shettek halls.

A few guildies tried to solo some 5 mans but couldnt, i know a hunter a rogue and a few clothies tried and kept dying.

I wouldnt dream of trying with my holy priest but my Dk cruises through them so is a great source of income for both the DK and Priest plus its quite fun soloing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

With regards to solo'ing 5-mans, it might be worth solo'ing Nexus or Utgarde Keep on normal, I've done UK a couple of times now, and while it's certainly not as easy as running ramps or blood furnace, but damned fun and you can get a fair bit of gold from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

my plan for making gold is gonna be from my DK who is levelling JC and Mining...My DK is 69 now and just hit northrendm so wont be long before I need 2k for just normal flying in northrend :(

Nice to hear about the dream shards tho, i have a tonn of them just sitting in my bank on my lock...
    Nice idea about buying the green weapons although it can be hit and miss, weapon costing 25g might only drop 3 infinite dusts, which wont end up being a proft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

from weps there seems to be a 75% chance of cosmic essences. Armor is about a 25% chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Anti wrote: »
    from weps there seems to be a 75% chance of cosmic essences. Armor is about a 25% chance.
    ooh!

Noted! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Well I have to say I'm shocked at how easy it is to make gold off the AH at the moment. My only regret is I didnt start doing this when WotLK came out (lost interest in raiding so I'm playing the AH atm). In less than a week I've made 4500g very easily. I log in after work for about 2 hours per night and between disenchanting and buy low/sell high auctions I'm easily on my way to getting 5-6k+ gold per week. Granted I'm not raiding at the moment (not even heroics and havent even seen all of Northrend yet) so I can keep an eye on AH trends and prices. Hoping to get epic flying for my new DK this weekend and then the big vendor mammoth in about 2 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

aye money is pretty easy to make atm. Managed to buy armored snowy gryphon, and the rep one from cenarion circle last night and that was just from DE;ing items and a few frozen orbs/ore.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Ye, I got my epic flying mount today. :D:D

I really like skinning for making gold. Heavy Borean Leather and Arctic Fur are great sellers and easy to farm. Been making over 1k gold any day I farm. Now excuse me, I'm gonna go fly my new mount around. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Martinog

GStormcrow wrote: »
    Well I have to say I'm shocked at how easy it is to make gold off the AH at the moment. My only regret is I didnt start doing this when WotLK came out (lost interest in raiding so I'm playing the AH atm). In less than a week I've made 4500g very easily. I log in after work for about 2 hours per night and between disenchanting and buy low/sell high auctions I'm easily on my way to getting 5-6k+ gold per week. Granted I'm not raiding at the moment (not even heroics and havent even seen all of Northrend yet) so I can keep an eye on AH trends and prices. Hoping to get epic flying for my new DK this weekend and then the big vendor mammoth in about 2 weeks

WOW can i be your friend? :D

Advertisement