Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can we take driving test exam with LHD?

Options
  • 06-01-2009 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

All in the title.
    Any restriction or is it alright to attend the test with a LHD?
    Can't find anything against it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I think you can, but it might be making things a little harder on yourself than you have to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Anan1 wrote: »
    I think you can, but it might be making things a little harder on yourself than you have to.

What do you mean harder?
    Cheers

Being a passenger in the 'drivers' seat is not a particularly relaxing experience for most, and i'm sure testers are no exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Yes you can. As said it may make some aspects more difficult, but there's nothing wrong with it.

Yeah ok I know what you mean thanks.
    I'll take the guy for a quick drifting first :-)

JK...

• Advertisement

If you can't get the use of a RHD car then go ahead anyway - it's by no means impossible, and the tester may even be sympathetic. Good luck in the test.

Anan1 wrote: »
    If you can't get the use of a RHD car then go ahead anyway - it's by no means impossible, and the tester may even be sympathetic. Good luck in the test.

Thanks
    My cars are LHD, thats for the wife not me, and I am not feeling like buying a RHD anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭brian076

Yes you can I used to be a tester and there's no problem

brian076 wrote: »
    Yes you can I used to be a tester and there's no problem

Alright cheers mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

I done the test in a LHD makes the reverse a bit easier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭alo1587

Just make sure the LHD is irish registered as they wont test you in a non Irish reg car.

Advertisement