Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 HOURS?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I'm just going outside for a bit ....I should be about 3 hrs ....:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

And we're back! (possibly)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

well, apparently that didn't last too long (being fixed).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

pro tip CuLT... never say it'll just take 3 hours!! :D

SteveC wrote: »
    pro tip CuLT... never say it'll just take 3 hours!! :D
    I actually thought it would take about an hour and a half. What a nightmare. In the office for 15 fecking hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

CuLT wrote: »
    I actually thought it would take about an hour and a half. What a nightmare. In the office for 15 fecking hours.

Well thanks for sticking at it and getting it back up and running for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Main thing is you got it back, well done. Bitter experience has taught me never to say 'it'll only take ten minutes' however easy a change it seems... especially when I've a flight home that day.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

mike65 wrote: »
    And we're back! (possibly)

Geez, CuLT really ****ed over the admins with the overtime. Clearly doesnt belive in recession!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Thanks CuLt!

You rock!

Sully wrote: »
    Geez, CuLT really ****ed over the admins with the overtime. Clearly doesnt belive in recession!
    Ah c'mon Sully, would you prefer if he fecked off at 5:30 and said he'll sort it tomorrow... credit where it's due and all. Nobody should have to work those hours just so people can post comments about their mothers.

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    Yeah, sorry..

I've been there though and know what it's like to get no thanks for it.

Apologies Sully if you were joking.:o

Ah c'mon Sully, would you prefer if he fecked off at 5:30 and said he'll sort it tomorrow... credit where it's due and all. Nobody should have to work those hours just so people can post comments about their mothers.
    Ah, I know he's joking :)

I don't get paid overtime anyway! Fixed monthly rental fee on CuLT, quite a bargain if I say so myself, even if I do fudge things up due to lack of experience once and a while.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, it means a lot to me stacked up against the abuse from other sources. Fragile ego, far too concerned with how everyone else perceives how well I'm doing my job. A lot of people watching.

Edit: oh and I'm one day over a kidney infection, high fever, and still have a chest infection, cracked lips and coldsores so yeah I'm feeling sorry for myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

In fairness there are a few idiots posters complaining about how awful it was to be without boards blah blah blah. CuLt had to actually fix the site, I'm sure it was sh1t for him. At least we had the option to do other things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I don't get paid overtime anyway! Fixed monthly rental fee on CuLT, quite a bargain if I say so myself, even if I do fudge things up due to lack of experience once and a while.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, it means a lot to me stacked up against the abuse from other sources. Fragile ego, far too concerned with how everyone else perceives how well I'm doing my job. A lot of people watching.

It's alright dude, we all love ya anyway ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Yeah, sorry..

I've been there though and know what it's like to get no thanks for it.

Apologies Sully if you were joking.:o

lol I was joking :) I gave CuLT my thanks and iv told him before I think hes doing excellent work and is a great employee of Boards.ie Ltd.

Good stuff. You know I think your what makes Boards tick anyway.

Edit: oh and I'm one day over a kidney infection, high fever, and still have a chest infection, cracked lips and coldsores so yeah I'm feeling sorry for myself :)

Ah **** the begrudgers, wingers and selfish gob****es who have nothing better to do then critesise others. Its a free service, a bloody hard service to keep running with a lot of the work on one mans shoulders and people who appreciate that are those with a bit of common decency. The rest are just idiots who should be told where to go anyway.

Good man CuLT. Not many would put in the amount of work and effort you do. Keep on rocking dude!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I'm one day over a kidney infection, high fever, and still have a chest infection, cracked lips and coldsores so yeah I'm feeling sorry for myself :)

Good job on getting it back up working.

Of course your cracked lips and coldsore means you won't be getting anything else up for a few days, so now none of us are screwed :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

i love you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

So, where's the cool new features?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

CuLT, I doubt if anybody here underestimates the excellent work you do. I know I certainly don't. Thanks for all the hard work, and take care of that flu. I have had it for the last twelve days, all of Christmas, and it's pretty bad. You need a long holiday in warm sunshine :cool::)!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Rb wrote: »
    So, where's the cool new features?
    No new features. Just trying to keep one of the existing features working the way it's meant to be. In this case the backup which is probably one of the most important features of the site. If that back up isn't there and something bad happens, then it could reduce this site to nothing.

Fair play, CuLT, sterling effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I'm wearing an I <3 Cult t-shirt.

Thanks for all your work. I'm not going to pretend I understand anything about what you do but it is appreciated nonetheless. Anyone that keeps boards running smoothly is a hero in my book!

Anyone else want a t-shirt?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

You poor thing. Might I suggest you do your next downtime at lunchtime, that way you might actually get home for a bit of dinner.
    far too concerned with how everyone else perceives how well I'm doing my job. A lot of people watching.

Honey you're doing sterling work. The site has vastly improved since you came on board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fair play, CuLT, sterling effort.

Euro at the moment. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

watna wrote: »
    I'm wearing an I <3 Cult t-shirt.

Thanks for all your work. I'm not going to pretend I understand anything about what you do but it is appreciated nonetheless. Anyone that keeps boards running smoothly is a hero in my book!

Anyone else want a t-shirt?

Yes...but can mine have "in a totally platonic way" on the back? :p

Advertisement