Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would you like to see happen in wrestling in 2009?

• 06-01-2009 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭

For me the following things would be cool......

MVP to be part of the main event scene he is to good for the midcard. I’d like him to win MITB.
    A push for Morrison would be nice as well.
    HBK v Taker at Mania 25
    Super Hunter to spend some time in the midcard, WWE will not fall apart if he is not in the title scene for a wee while.
    A World Champion whose name is not Edge, Cena, Orton, Hunter, or Batista once in a while. Some of those guys I like but they are fiercely established it would be nice to see some new blood in the main event scene.
    Hornswoggle to be fired.
    A Punk v Cena feud, I know the internet hate both but I’d like to see how them go at it and the crowd reaction to this would be interesting.
    Kendrick not to be buried once he parts from Big Zeke.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Better use of talent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Rjd2 wrote: »

MVP to be part of the main event scene he is to good for the midcard. I’d like him to win MITB.
    HBK v Taker at Mania 25
    Super Hunter to spend some time in the midcard, WWE will not fall apart if he is not in the title scene for a wee while.
    A World Champion whose name is not Edge, Cena, Orton, Hunter, Batista or Taker once in a while. Some of those guys I like but they are fiercely established it would be nice to see some new blood in the main event scene.
    Hornswoggle to be fired.
    A Punk v Cena feud, I know the internet hate both but I’d like to see how them go at it and the crowd reaction to this would be interesting.

To be fair, Undertaker has only held the top title twice since 03 ... 02?

I'd like to see Matt Hardy back on one of the main shows, and both himself and Christian in the main event scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Cactus Col wrote: »
    To be fair, Undertaker has only held the top title twice since 03 ... 02?

I'd like to see Matt Hardy back on one of the main shows, and both himself and Christian in the main event scene.

Yeah me bad you right on Taker. The point still applies to the others though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

A World Champion whose name is not Edge, Cena, Orton, Hunter, or Batista once in a while. Some of those guys I like but they are fiercely established it would be nice to see some new blood in the main event scene.

Jericho was World Champion twice in 2008 and Jeff Hardy is champion right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Plus Edge has never been given an even half decent run. If I only wanted to see one thing it would be a good long run from Edge.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

HBK v Taker at Mania 25
    Hornswoggle to be fired.

I agree with all that mate.

Just add a few myself.

- Let ECW R.I.P for godness sake. Or least change it's name.
    - Matt Hardy on Raw.
    - Jillian Hall to bugger off.
    - Cena and Batista to both bugger off.
    - Michael Cole to bugger off, Santino to take his place... :P
    - Reintroduce the Hardcore Title and make in 24/7 again. Better yet, give it to Santino... :pac:
    - Cody and Snuka to be less boring.
    - Don't ruin Gail kim or Christan Cage for the love of god, again.
    - Evan Bourne to shooting star press his way into stardom and to really come into his own so to speak.
    - No more Mae Young, PLEASE!!!
    - HLA ;)
    - Kane to win the world title, the man is a joke at least for even a week it would give a hell of a load credibility something he hasn't had for years.
    - No more stupid idiotic mind numbing chanting " U . S . A!!!" from Mr. Duggan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Cody Rhodes to win a world title.
    The Miz to get a push as a solo wrestler.
    CM Punk to be fired.
    Santino to be fired.

Will think of more later :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I like Santino.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    CM Punk to be fired.
    Santino to be fired.

Will think of more later :D

Why do you want CM Punk and Santino(:eek:) ?

Miz and espically Cody 'My personality is flat as a flat tyre' Rhodes will never achieve anything of great note. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

85%(roughly-inc Vince)of the roster die in a plane crash and start from scratch-with HBK,Tripps,Morrison,Taker,Orton,E+C,Hardys,even Cena(for fan love only) and Simmons(roughly the 15% left)train the new generation to make WWE watchable again,taker for presence,tripps n orton for heel ability(old and new),hbk/morrison for in ring charisma/style,hardys +edge for spot taking,cena for the kiddie factor.Roll it all into 1 = bling bling.
    I may be soused at the moment.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Jericho to win RR and win the title at WM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

CM Punk to be fired.
    Santino to be fired.

FacePalm.jpg

I agree with all that mate.

Just add a few myself.

- Let ECW R.I.P for godness sake. Or least change it's name.

regardless of what you or i think of it, heymans old ecw would have killed for the numbers it did during the summer (personally i have never watched a full episode, when i go to live smackdown i don't watch it :P). i agree they really should change the name to something other than ecw
    Cena and Batista to both bugger off

you don't get rid of the only guy on the roster drawing ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Santino is the most over rated piece of garbage in the WWE at the moment. He isn't funny which he relies on. He is a glorified jobber. Can't wrestle and his promos are cringeworthy. Come out mispronnounce whoever's name person comes out and beats him down.

CM Punk I am not a fan of. Surviving on a reputation he built in the indie's when IMO he hasn't done it in the WWE. His run as champion was embarrasing. At least now he is back in the midcard where he should be. Although I don't think he should be the IC Champion (If he wins it)

horses for courses but santino is gold, if you didn't laugh at his attempt to do melinas entrance then you must live your life in total gloom :eek: and yes he can wrestle watch his ovw stuff, he has already helped to get maria and beth more over than either could have achieved on their own imo

as far as punk goes "His run as champion was embarrasingly booked". punk did what he was told, he didn't choose to have his world title matches in mid-card or be booked with lazy workers like jbl and batista or lose the title the way he did or have his opponents mock him at every turn. punk is one of the best workers in the E, he is a very special talent, so far none of his WWE matches have been allowed go more than 9-10 minutes, just wait till he is pushed properly and given 30 minute matches and then see him go (his recent match with jericho on raw was just a taster of things to come) and yes he will be pushed by 2010, he is already super over with the kiddies, almost john cena over in certain venues.

with regards your other two points, why in gods name would you put a world title on cody rhodes at this point, what has he done to deserve any singles title let alone a world title??

re miz, i know there are one or two miz marks in this section so i will keep this short and sweet, the only future i see for him follows along the path of a marty jannetty or jim neidhart as soon as vince breaks up that team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Santino is the most over rated piece of garbage in the WWE at the moment. He isn't funny which he relies on. He is a glorified jobber. Can't wrestle and his promos are cringeworthy. Come out mispronnounce whoever's name person comes out and beats him down.

CM Punk I am not a fan of. Surviving on a reputation he built in the indie's when IMO he hasn't done it in the WWE. His run as champion was embarrasing. At least now he is back in the midcard where he should be. Although I don't think he should be the IC Champion (If he wins it)

Where would you even start with this post its just all over the place. Santino is one of the best promo guys they have at the moment his mike work is in my opinion phenominal he always has the crowd eating out of his hand. As regards his in ring work I dont think he has really been allowed to showcase anything due to the comedy role he has been given. He isnt supposed to dominate his opponents he is supposed to be embarased and at the most get a flukey win. Its what works for his character.

CM Punk has adapted to the WWE style better than any other Indy wrestler in recent memory. While I agree it was a little early for a legitimate title run it served its purpose. It got the belt over from Smackdown to Raw and elevated CM Punk to the upper mid card. He consistantly gets in the Top 5 biggest pops on Raw and his matches are for the most part solid and if he is with the right guy they can be excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Santino is a light in this miserable business.

Punk is boring

Evan Bourne has adapted best to the WWE style

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    Where would you even start with this post its just all over the place. Santino is one of the best promo guys they have at the moment his mike work is in my opinion phenominal he always has the crowd eating out of his hand. As regards his in ring work I dont think he has really been allowed to showcase anything due to the comedy role he has been given. He isnt supposed to dominate his opponents he is supposed to be embarased and at the most get a flukey win. Its what works for his character.

santino got a much bigger pop than local boy william regal at the recent raw in manchester i attended, i thought it was funny regal had to force the crowd to cheer for him while santino had to stop his promo mid-stream to acknowledge those chanting his name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Heyman back on the creative team of ECW or Smackdown.

TNA getting big enough numbers to become credible opposition to the WWE

Somebody to get a third strike to see how the WWE handle it

A big name UFC fighter (someone who's over the hill but has charisma like Kimbo) jumping to the WWE.

A respectable tag division to push Miz and Morrison

Jeff Hardy away from title contention.

Miz and Morrison vs. Edge and Christian vs. the Hardyz TLC main eventing a PPV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Randy Orton to win the Royal Rumble and then win the WHC at Mania.!

MVP to win MITB and win the WWE title.!

• Advertisement

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Randy Orton to win the Royal Rumble and then win the WHC at Mania.!

orton to pin cena two manias in a row, that would be long shot i would wager(assuming cena is still champ by mania)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

The Rock to return, then I'll start watching it again:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

In fairness to WWE, if you go back and look at this year you'll find lots of positive steps for the future.

Morrison, Miz, Punk, Rhodes, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Kendrick, Santino, MVP have all been featured heavily.

Two of the above were given one of the big two titles for a run.

Matt has been made the main guy on ECW which is the next step up for guys coming from FCW and it's his job (along with a few other experienced guys) to steer these guys on to better things.

They've also given the IC Title back a little of its prestige with the tournament and constant air time of IC feuds over the year.

The tag scene is better now than it's been in years. Still not great, but moving in the right direction.

WWE should be set for years, with some very good talent ready to step up to the plate when the current top guys start retiring or at least stepping out of the title scene.

What do I want to see from WWE in 2009? More of the same.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    regardless of what you or i think of it, heymans old ecw would have killed for the numbers it did during the summer (personally i have never watched a full episode, when i go to live smackdown i don't watch it :P). i agree they really should change the name to something other than ecw

you don't get rid of the only guy on the roster drawing ;)

Yes he is drawing in the crowd(kids) but again personal opinion(hope)

I do agree Heyman's ECW was more or less dead but it's reputation would always be there now it's in tatters clearly.

In fairness to WWE, if you go back and look at this year you'll find lots of positive steps for the future.

Morrison, Miz, Punk, Rhodes, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Kendrick, Santino, MVP have all been featured heavily.

Two of the above were given one of the big two titles for a run.

Matt has been made the main guy on ECW which is the next step up for guys coming from FCW and it's his job (along with a few other experienced guys) to steer these guys on to better things.

They've also given the IC Title back a little of its prestige with the tournament and constant air time of IC feuds over the year.

The tag scene is better now than it's been in years. Still not great, but moving in the right direction.

WWE should be set for years, with some very good talent ready to step up to the plate when the current top guys start retiring or at least stepping out of the title scene.

What do I want to see from WWE in 2009? More of the same.

Some good points there. The IC title is a very good point. I think that the IC and US Championship need to be rotated a bit more. I don't like seeing things such as MVP going ages without defending it againist anyone above decent or a long long run which eventually becomes tiresome and boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Yes he is drawing in the crowd(kids) but again personal opinion(hope)

I do agree Heyman's ECW was more or less dead but it's reputation would always be there now it's in tatters clearly.

Present-day ECW is the best weekly American wrestling TV show airing at the moment and has been consistently so for at least a year now.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Present-day ECW is the best weekly American wrestling TV show airing at the moment and has been consistently so for at least a year now.

Really.

Well, I'm not going to alter my opinion based on US ratings or any ratings for that matter.

It's not entertaining, it's not extreme... it's not ECW. The least I ask is change the name. Won't happen but it is something I would hope could happen sooner rather later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I know it's ot ... but I'd like to see TNA start fulfilling their potential.

Bubs101 wrote: »

Miz and Morrison vs. Edge and Christian vs. the Hardyz TLC main eventing a PPV

:D

• Advertisement

Evan Bourne has adapted best to the WWE style

What are you basing this on? He has barely had 10 televised matches. I am not saying he has adapted well, but to say he has adapted best at this early stage is wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 The Nation

A shift away from the PG kiddy nonsense and a more 'attitude' style to return.

And more factions. Its something thats been lacking for the last couple of years. A new 'nation' would be a good start.

Christian WWE Champion feuding with John Cena and/or Jericho

Hope so too. They need to concentrate more on the X-Division Guys firstly and get rid of some of the vetrans like for example Scott Steiner who does nothing for me.

Petey Williams and AJ Styles feud to begin is my 09 TNA wish though.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Request for the thread title to be changed to "What would you like to see happen in wrestling in 2009"

For me it would be heyman getting involved with a promotion.

But thats just me being nostalgic, :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The Rock to return, then I'll start watching it again:D

+1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Hope so too. They need to concentrate more on the X-Division Guys firstly and get rid of some of the vetrans like for example Scott Steiner who does nothing for me.

Petey Williams and AJ Styles feud to begin is my 09 TNA wish though.. :D

If you know it's ot, why post it in the thread?

You guys owe Comic-Book_Guy some thanks for his request on changing the name of the thread, he saved you from a spanking.

I hope Ring Of Honor do another UK double shot this year.

I hope Colt Cabana gets a good tv run where he can be himself.

I hope (though this is a given) Brian Danielsons excellence continues unabated.

I hope the Irish wrestling scene grows, and the likes if IWW get back to what they were doing in 2005/6.

gimmick wrote: »
    I hope the Irish wrestling scene grows, and the likes if IWW get back to what they were doing in 2005/6.

Completely agree.

I hope that all the stick they got last year for all that happened (some of which was in no way their fault but still unfortunate) will cause them just to have a really good year this year and they go from strength to strength.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

+1

+2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Santino to become WHC and WWE Champ and hold both titles at the same time and well into 2010.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

I would like to see...

Better competition for The Miz and Morrison. Give them a challenge please!!

Gail Kim and Christian to be used to their full potential and not just
    half-ass it.

A decent women's division to develop

A Gail Kim-Mickie James feud. Both have similarities...could be interesting.

Melina Roucka on the roster. Has held the OVW title for a time, lets see will success translate to WWE

Edge have a long run as champion

Jillian Hall to shut up!!:pac:

Santino try Melina's entrance again. Twas quality the first time round!:D

The Nation wrote: »
    A shift away from the PG kiddy nonsense and a more 'attitude' style to return.

they would be looking for a new tv deal in that case ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Quietguy018

WWE should rehire Paul Heyman and give him back ECW and allow him to recreate his promotion under their financial backing... it should be returned to satisfy fans of the attitude era which has sadly dissappeared completely from Raw and Smackdown. When was the last time anyone turned on either show and actually enjoyed watching... all matches have become very stagnent like jeeeze would it kill to allow a piledriver or 450 splash? ECW should become to the show of the bygone era were fans of the 'good old days' can still enjoy a violent, extreme product which was in your face and counter culture...

really want to see a few popular faces return such as; rob van dam, sabu, goldberg, raven, sandman, billy kidman...

WWE should rehire Paul Heyman and give him back ECW and allow him to recreate his promotion under their financial backing... it should be returned to satisfy fans of the attitude era which has sadly dissappeared completely from Raw and Smackdown. When was the last time anyone turned on either show and actually enjoyed watching... all matches have become very stagnent like jeeeze would it kill to allow a piledriver or 450 splash? ECW should become to the show of the bygone era were fans of the 'good old days' can still enjoy a violent, extreme product which was in your face and counter culture...

really want to see a few popular faces return such as; rob van dam, sabu, goldberg, raven, sandman, billy kidman...

I thought that myself too.

But its dead and gone my friend. Im still in constant denial that vince ruined the reason why i really got into wrestling, but you just have to understand its another part of the wrestling business.

I agreed with everting until I read the name GillbergGoldberg.

I thought that myself too.

But its dead and gone my friend. Im still in constant denial that vince ruined the reason why i really got into wrestling, but you just have to understand its another part of the wrestling business.

Paul Heyman had ruined ECW long before Vince brought it back.

The only reason it lasted as long as it did was because Vince bailed them out.

What Heyman created and what vince has morphed it into is two different things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think that's a lot of McMahon-spun revisionism.

Heyman has admitted it himself that Vince helped him out.

Would like to see ECW get two hours as it's generally the best WWE show on each week for good wrestling.

Heyman has admitted it himself that Vince helped him out.

Would like to see ECW get two hours as it's generally the best WWE show on each week for good wrestling.

Now that i agree with.
    Could be because its a nice sized roster but everyone seems to get decent tv time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement