Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Router - Network Setup

Options
  • 06-01-2009 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭

Moderator FYI: I posted this thread under the "Wireless" forum, however, it is rarely visited and time is of the essence as boards.ie is going down at 18:00!

Hello everybody,

I got a PS3 for Christmas and I keep "failing the NAT Settings" test so I Googled the issue and it seems I have to open some ports / DMZ the PS3 (might sound like I know what I'm talking about here but I don't...).

Anyway, my dear flatmates forgot the Router Username & Password so I'll have to reset it and setup the connection from scratch (which I am not looking forward to AT ALL!).

ISP: NTL Cable (10MB)
    Router: Buffalo AirStation WYR-G54

I rang Chorus/NTL this morning and they confirmed that there were no NTL Username and Password to enter at any stage of the setup. I was relieved as we do not have these... So I've decided to go ahead with the reset as soon as I get home!

Can any of you experts give me some advice that could assist me in carrying out this task successfully? Is it actually hard setting up a wireless connections? I can't afford to mess our Wifi up or my flatmates will have my skin!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Comments

Advertisement