Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zakynthos - rowdyness question

Options
  • 06-01-2009 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've booked a holiday with my gf mid May in the Laganas part of Zakynthos. Through searches of this site and others and the Budget girl! Laganas is cited to be the rowby British jollyboys end of the island right?

Having never been on a rowdy jollyboys sun holiday (only city ones myself) to what level of 'crazyness' are we to expect?
    The budget girl only went as far as to say there's kinda groups of people pub crawling drinking loads in each place quickly before moving on etc and i know everything to expect from then on.... but are we talkin about crazy bulldog-tattooed-to-chest-brits who fight when they hear my accent etc???

Anyway i was told that early/mid May it won't be 'mad' but could anyone briefly encapsulate this madness? thanks!

N

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭djd80

I was there with my girlfriend a couple of years back and yest its the rowdy centre of the island from what I can see.The beach is only OK and is full with the english tattoo brigade I found.

Good news is that the island is tiny and simple to get around. We rented a quad bike for 4 days for 100 quid and you could easily drive round the whole Island on it. We explored for miles each day on the bike and found some fantastic little beaches and other places....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭nads

cheers dar, thanks for the advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

you are going in may . the likihood of any of the groups going there at that stage are slime, main weeks for groups is from around the 20th june onwards to teh end of aug, you'll be fine in may

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Irishgirl22

I'm going to Laganas as well in May, will be there from the 8th. It seems that it will be quiet enough for the start of the season - well quiet compared to what it will be like in June-August.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colmm23

Nads,

I was there a few years ago with my girlfriend and another couple. We stayed in Argassi and other couple in Laganas(only found out each other were going after all was booked) and spent a few nights on the tiles in Laganas and it wasn't bad at all, mostly English people alright but then again it seemed to be mostly English all over the island. We went in May and it was just perfect, weather was glorious and no mad crowds.
    Hire a car or bike and see the island, it wont take long and is well worth it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement