Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TESCO TRAMORE IS A JOKE!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Libby029

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE !
    shouldnt this thread be all about tramore ?
    it's all about freedom of choice and i for one will continue to shop there as its good point far out weigh it's bad points!
    accessibility for me is crucial and the car park is a big plus, and its nice and spacious inside .
    along with the new lidl, tesco is the only company to invest in tramore in the last few years and here are people knocking it !
    the world has gone mad ! especially in tramore! we should be building up tramore and not knocking it ! whatever happened to positive thinking ?
    people need to support the local community as tramore has not exactly been thriving in the last few years and can you imagine a tourist reading this, they wouldn't want to come here with the negative vibes been given off by our townfolk.
    there's times i am ashamed to be from tramore

In case you have missed it, this is a public forum.. not the Tramore Tourism Forum, this is where people can come and express "their opinions"... be it good or bad. I am not going to loose much sleep over the fact that a tourist might be reading this. I doubt also that a tourist is really going to care about what the Tesco store is like, when deciding their holiday destination.

I originally started this thread, and I had every right to express my opinion, on what I considered an absolute disgrace in the way the customers and staff were being treated by this great company that decided to invest in Tramore... Trust me Tesco would have not invested in Tramore if they didn't think there was money to be made.. for god sake a monkey could see there was money to be made in opening a second!!!! supermarket in a town with a population that is growing like Tramore... I am just surprised it didn't happen sooner..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 patrickstarfish

Libby029 wrote: »
    In case you have missed it, this is a public forum.. not the Tramore Tourism Forum, this is where people can come and express "their opinions"... be it good or bad. I am not going to loose much sleep over the fact that a tourist might be reading this. I doubt also that a tourist is really going to care about what the Tesco store is like, when deciding their holiday destination.

I originally started this thread, and I had every right to express my opinion, on what I considered an absolute disgrace in the way the customers and staff were being treated by this great company that decided to invest in Tramore... Trust me Tesco would have not invested in Tramore if they didn't think there was money to be made.. for god sake a monkey could see there was money to be made in opening a second!!!! supermarket in a town with a population that is growing like Tramore... I am just surprised it didn't happen sooner..
    yes you do have the right !
    like everyone else ! so why dont you go straight to the source ?
    i'm sure tesco as a company will listen to any suggestions that people make and give you some answers !
    when you say staff are being treated disgracefully, i dont think that any company can treat staff disgracefully or is that just your opinion or do you know first hand ?
    "I doubt also that a tourist is really going to care about what the Tesco store is like, when deciding their holiday destination"
    well all i care about is tourism and the economy of tramore and it will be negativity from locals that will drive people away from our town and make it even harder for our children to secure jobs in the future.
    we are in a recession and we really do need a thriving economy like we once had and make tramore the place it was !
    my income depends on tourism, so of course i will welcome the tesco development as well as lidl !
    thats just my opinion !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

A lack of Tesco/Lidl wont affect tourism much. These stores are usually used mostly by locals and then tourists in the high season (though id imagine only some irish/uk - as Super Value is more central). These developments will of course help the town economically and its great to see it but sometimes if they are not run to the high standards of other competing stores they wont have as much success and have a chance of failing and therefore putting locals out of a job. I think that's what people (some at least) are expressing here. You will always get the anti-UK people who wont shop there as there an English store or because the company isn't Irish. My only issue with Tesco is its stock isn't the best but other then that its a great store.

Tramore offers a lot more in terms of pubs, restaurants, and activities which is what attracts people here. Our long golden beach and great walkways. Anybody who visits any half decent tourism website that focuses on Tramore in anyway will see that.

A good selection of the local business (not enough) have decent websites and join the range of tourism websites/groups out there (Town and Country Homes, BnB Ireland, Guide to Ireland, Family Homes of Ireland) in an effort to promote their businesses and Tramore.

Good to see the Tesco workers are posting here and defending the store though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Lads i dont see any problems with the tesco. Great value at the right price.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Gunt

What are ye complaining about??? Ye wanted a Tesco in Tramore so ye got one n now all ye can do is slate it??

For starters Ardkeen is better than Tramore because its bigger,ya can't exactly expect Tesco to set up a huge store in Tramore first time round do ye? Ya have to start small and work your way up....im sure they are rectifying niggly problems that every shop has once opened.....Grow up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Libby029

yes you do have the right !
    like everyone else ! so why dont you go straight to the source ?
    i'm sure tesco as a company will listen to any suggestions that people make and give you some answers !
    when you say staff are being treated disgracefully, i dont think that any company can treat staff disgracefully or is that just your opinion or do you know first hand ?
    !

Please look at my original thread, I did actually go to a manager and complain to him about the way the customers and staff were being treated. The day I went in there, the staff on the checkouts were blue with the cold... I complained to the manager... about the lack of heating, absolutely no letter of apology warning customers of it. Please see the post that was posted a few hours later, which then showed that a letter had been put up to apologise and warn customers of their lack of heating, and also the staff were given gloves to wear. I don't care about Tesco being an english company or not.. I just go where there is the best value for money, be it Lidl, Superquinn, Super Valu.. I'll go anywhere.

I have to say I have no problem with the stocking level, or the staff, I find the staff extremely polite especially the floor staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 dm69

just driving past Lidl this morning looks like they are almost ready to open, i wonder are we in for a price war in tramore, hard to see all three supermarkets surving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 patrickstarfish

dm69 wrote: »
    just driving past Lidl this morning looks like they are almost ready to open, i wonder are we in for a price war in tramore, hard to see all three supermarkets surving
    why not?
    its another attraction to tramore !
    people in the catchment area will come to tramore instead of going to the city, have you been on the link road in the city at peak times ?

even thogh we are in a recession its great to see develpoment in tramore and i think theres gonna be a school, a doctors and a bank going up on the tesco/lidl site !

happy days !!

i agree the more development the better, however im not a fan of ring road or these retail parks where they are not needed. Waterford City is a perfect example of a town centre which has been deserted by many retailers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 maxpower1

im a worker on the shopfloor in tesco tramore and while its not the most glamarous of jobs im friendly to everyone who doesnt have a sour puss and bad manners treat the staff with respect you recieve some in return but dont go ranting and raving over heating its beyond the stores control or does teh store manager in ardkeen secretly work as a plumber in his sparetime?the day in question the staff were given an extra 5 min break for tea/coffee so we are treated grand in their dont comment on what you dont know!!

as for customer service i do everything i can for the customer if they want somethign i bring them to it if they need help i give it or always fidn someone who can!and some of ye here recognize that and i thank you!ive never once said i duno to a customer and if i have its quickly followed by ill find someone who does!

but once again where is teh staff get treated liek **** coming from,i always get days off i ask for if im late its understood no pointless arguments the managment work realy well with in general my manager is always polite says please and thanks makes ya feel your work is appreciated!believe me id have no bother tellin them where to stick their job if i wasnt treated well many of us would tell them where to stick it but its grand!

as for comparing us to tesco ardkeen tesco ardkeen is an extra store therefore its required to stock more brands wider ranges of goods etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 karenmaryobrien

I agree with Sully that once Tesco came along, Supervalu totally pulled their socks up which is no bad thing. So now in Tramore we have two pretty good supermarkets, rather than one sub-standard one (i.e Supervalu before Tesco's arrival).

I shop at both now - Tesco's good for stocking up on pastas, non-perishables etc. Supervalu have a nice bakery. I find they're both pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dannii

Sully wrote: »

Good to see the Tesco workers are posting here and defending the store though! :)

i agree with sully it is good to see the staff defending the store i cant see why they wouldnt its not easy to come on to a page like this and see what people are saying about them i.e muppets
    i was in there doing my weekly shop today and regardless to what has been said i didnt see any gone off stock i went to the checkouts and everyone seemed happy.it was also perfectly warm!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 emz20

When it first opened started shopping there and seemed to be getting good value for money. Since then it has turned into a joke. They stock an item until it runs out and then never order it back in. On more than one occassion had no plastic bags to buy, or the small reusable ones. Staff watch you like a hawk if you dare to use self service. Feel like I've stolen something everytime I shop there.

Have changed back to supervalu and find way more bargains and polite friendly staff. Def not going near tesco again.

had just given Tesco a second chance over the last few weeks but today is the last straw.
    I purchased fresh cod in Tesco on saturday and when i went to use it it was full of "cod worm", i know this is common and can not be prevented but when i went back today to get a refund i was refused for no real reason other than i did not have my reciept, i offered my clubcard so they could track that i had purchased it on Saturday but i was told NO.

Goodbye to Tesco forever hello again Supervalu

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

had just given Tesco a second chance over the last few weeks but today is the last straw.
    I purchased fresh cod in Tesco on saturday and when i went to use it it was full of "cod worm", i know this is common and can not be prevented but when i went back today to get a refund i was refused for no real reason other than i did not have my reciept, i offered my clubcard so they could track that i had purchased it on Saturday but i was told NO.

Goodbye to Tesco forever hello again Supervalu

Was it Tesco branded? You can hardly expect them to refund it if not - a receipt is a requirement in place by all stores. No receipt - no refund. A policy every store in the country has. If its Tesco branded, then thats a different kettle of fish ;) Tracking via clubcard would be very very hard.

I agree with self service but iv only noticed the one lady doing it. I think its more to do with people who cant use the machine rather then stealing, but its still annoying.

yes it was own brand from the fish counter with their label on it, and its not that difficult to see a record of purchases from the clubcard thats basically the purpose of a card to track what people are purchasing or not.
    Anyway i posted my clubcard back to them yesterday. they can stick it up there windmill:mad:

yes it was own brand from the fish counter with their label on it, and its not that difficult to see a record of purchases from the clubcard thats basically the purpose of a card to track what people are purchasing or not.
    Anyway i posted my clubcard back to them yesterday. they can stick it up there windmill:mad:

Thats pretty strange - would have assumed they would have taken it back when its clearly labelled Tesco!!

As for the clubcard, that system is usually automated. Im sure there are privacy laws against people looking at what your buying manually! So it couldnt be a simple "Look it up on the clubcard system".

It does bug me being watched when on the self service machines but its only ever been from the one person and I assume its more for people who haven't a clue how to use the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

It does bug me being watched when on the self service machines but its only ever been from the one person and I assume its more for people who haven't a clue how to use the machine.

I Think the same person is watching me at the self service machine.
    I have had products taken from my hands and scanned by that person.
    One day i was going to tell her to F*CK OFF

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

It's there job lads, they are only been helpfull, ye would moan if there was no one there to help:rolleyes:

self service tills!! i thought ye were all such fans of tesco giving so many jobs to tramore i would be a shock to even see the tills.
    Four self serivce tills one staff member, what would happen if this was the case in all retail outlets, self service just one supervisor.
    Simple it means less jobs.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

self service tills!! i thought ye were all such fans of tesco giving so many jobs to tramore it would be a shock to even see the tills.
    Four self serivce tills one staff member, what would happen if this was the case in all retail outlets, self service just one supervisor.
    Simple it means less jobs.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 karenmaryobrien

Those self-service tills are a pain in the arse.. .. 'incorrect item on belt', 'approval needed' .. aghhhhh..

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

Moan Moan Moan..............:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

pommers wrote: »
    Moan Moan Moan..............:D

it'd do your head in, wouldn't it? the amount of people moaning about stupid little things. lighten up folks, have a coke and a smile etc

For those who were not aware..

Tesco for schools and clubs.
    Tesco for Schools & Clubs 2009 will be running in place of Computers for Schools and Sports for Schools & Clubs. This years scheme is bigger and better than ever, with a five section colour coded catalogue with over 200 pages, including two new sections; green schools and cookery. The scheme runs from March 2nd until June 7th giving you 14 weeks to collect your vouchers. Happy collecting!
    http://www.tesco.ie/schoolsandclubs/?osadcampaign=Main1

Its similar to what Super Value run from what I can gather, maybe a bit better. Never knew Tesco did this, its good to see more supermarkets running such services to help our schools - especially since Tramore has plenty. You get a voucher for every €10 you spend (and still get clubcard points, one for every euro I think). This is how it works..
    * One voucher is given for every €10 spent in Tesco stores, petrol filling stations and Tesco.ie on-line grocery shop in a single transaction (excluding purchases from concessions, tobacco kiosk, coffee shops, prescription medicines, infant formulae or the sale of National Lottery tickets, scratch cards, Giftcard or Christmas Saver top-ups).
    * For every mobile phone your school/club sends in, they will be given 100 Tesco for Schools & Clubs vouchers.
    * For every empty inkjet cartridge you send in that can be recycled, you will be given 20 Tesco for Schools & Clubs vouchers.
    * For every empty toner cartridge you send it that can be recycled, you will be given 20 Tesco for Schools & Clubs vouchers.
    * Customers can donate their vouchers to schools or clubs, who exchange the vouchers for free equipment.

So collect your vouchers and donate them if you shop in Tesco! :)

For those who were not aware..

Tesco for schools and clubs.

http://www.tesco.ie/schoolsandclubs/?osadcampaign=Main1

Its similar to what Super Value run from what I can gather, maybe a bit better. Never knew Tesco did this, its good to see more supermarkets running such services to help our schools - especially since Tramore has plenty. You get a voucher for every €10 you spend (and still get clubcard points, one for every euro I think). This is how it works..

So collect your vouchers and donate them if you shop in Tesco! :)

So Sully to tesco pay you by the post or just a retainer:D

So Sully to tesco pay you by the post or just a retainer:D

By the post. In these days, ill do anything to make a bit of money. ;)

Nah, I am doing this because despite all the negativity spread by people and retailers trying to block out competition in the town I think a good program or offer from our new retailers need to be highlighted.

Its been disappointing to see the amount of crap spread about Tesco and now Lidl. Tramore needed these stores and its done great for the town and local economy. We now have more choice and what was originally the monopoly have spent a lot of money cleaning up their store and fighting hard to retain the business.

On the flip side, if I spot any new initiative by a store (like Super Values petrol station plans) to improve services in the town I will post about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sunshine girl 2

By the post. In these days, ill do anything to make a bit of money. ;)

Nah, I am doing this because despite all the negativity spread by people and retailers trying to block out competition in the town I think a good program or offer from our new retailers need to be highlighted.

Its been disappointing to see the amount of crap spread about Tesco and now Lidl. Tramore needed these stores and its done great for the town and local economy. We now have more choice and what was originally the monopoly have spent a lot of money cleaning up their store and fighting hard to retain the business.

On the flip side, if I spot any new initiative by a store (like Super Values petrol station plans) to improve services in the town I will post about it.

i agree with most people comments but leave the self service people alone its their jobs coz most people dont know how to use them right
    how do people expect to get a refund without a recipet who cares if u have a clubcard or not?? what prove is that u could have got it in ardkeen for alll they know

people in tramore reallly need to grow up n stop slagging tesco

I know people from the UK who are big into Tesco who felt the store wasn't anywhere near as good as others. Poor stock is the same complaint I hear all the time from people and even on this thread.

Don't get me (or most people) wrong - we love having Tesco in Tramore but it just isn't a tap compared to other Tescos with Super Valu offering what most people need that Tesco doesn't. I'm not personally bothered as I will happily shop in both stores and think that having Tesco in Tramore has done wonders and is a very good store just needs better stock.

You will get people here knocking it for the sake of knocking it, or local retailer fanboys/staff trying to knock it on here. Just ignore it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sunshine girl 2

I know people from the UK who are big into Tesco who felt the store wasn't anywhere near as good as others. Poor stock is the same complaint I hear all the time from people and even on this thread.

Don't get me (or most people) wrong - we love having Tesco in Tramore but it just isn't a tap compared to other Tescos with Super Valu offering what most people need that Tesco doesn't. I'm not personally bothered as I will happily shop in both stores and think that having Tesco in Tramore has done wonders and is a very good store just needs better stock.

You will get people here knocking it for the sake of knocking it, or local retailer fanboys/staff trying to knock it on here. Just ignore it.

Sully i totally agree with what u are saying
    just other people who are reading this should really grow up tesco is doin its best despite the recisssion and what about the staff who most are local people?? and all small minded people are on here slaggin the store Stop slaggin the store dont shop there if u dont like it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement