Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TESCO TRAMORE IS A JOKE!!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sully i totally agree with what u are saying
    just other people who are reading this should really grow up tesco is doin its best despite the recisssion and what about the staff who most are local people?? and all small minded people are on here slaggin the store Stop slaggin the store dont shop there if u dont like it.

Id say a lot of them are just local retailers fanboys/staff trying to discourage people going to the store :) Just ignore them and carry on with your job. It wont stop me shopping in either store anyway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Sully wrote: »
    Id say a lot of them are just local retailers fanboys/staff trying to discourage people going to the store :) Just ignore them and carry on with your job. It wont stop me shopping in either store anyway.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head with that one Sully, its about time we got a decent surpermarket in the town and the old boys club who used to have it their own way for years dont like it that people are moving away in droves from them as they now have a choice and are using their feet to do the talking.. in times like this, people are looking for value for money and decent prices not to be ripped off at every chance.. long may it last :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 dm69

ya strange why nobody supported Londis and it had to close with the loss of 25 full and partime jobs. It went unnoticed at the time because jobs were plentilfull. but now that we have tesco and lidl and aldi on the way everything will be great in tramore!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Londis was a god awful store. A LOT worse then Tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

ya totally agree with ya on that one sully londis was a disaster of a store badly run and dirty looking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Tesco is vile, I try and stay away from it. The Tramore branch sounds awful and the Sligo one is a complete dump. The worst supermarket in the country by far. Filthy premises, ignorant staff and a complete turn off. Rant over (for now) :)

Okay, I think we are done here. This thread is just one big thread where people are ranting and knocking the new Tesco in the town. No other supermarket in Tramore got this much attention including one that was actually closed down for health and safety. None of the towns main retailers are perfect and always had/have problems to be fair.

We all know that some of the retailers have lost business (one cutting back staff hours) as a result of the new retail developments in the town and we also know that Tesco may not be the best of stores (lacking in certain items mainly) but it has done wonders for competition in the town and has helped our local economy. Its still a great store to shop in.

Its not fair that any retailer, just or unjust, gets a 5 page thread mostly with posts from people with a hidden agenda trying to drive away business from the new store. Clearly people like DenMan are getting the wrong picture. For that reason, I am going to close this thread before it gets out of hand.

Topic Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement