Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyre Manufacturer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

The one's people are recommending these days are the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics and the Vredstein Ultrac Sessanta.

Depends on what you are looking for really.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

They are relatively small tyres - what are they for?
    I have had two sets of the Eagle F1s on my E39 and loved them (couldn't get them the last time I was buying). Decent lifespan and excellent wet and dry grip!

Edit: just noticed that the F1s aren't on that list!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Also OP take a look at tyre-reviews.co.uk, it has a fairly comprehensive review of many tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

The tyres are for a Ford ka van. I know shame on me but it was a good price for a van in good condition.

Not looking for anything sporty just something solid that will last and give a reasonably good level of grip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

From that list, seen as what you are looking for is a good dependable but affordable tyre I would go with the Toyo 350s their pretty good and great value too :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Don't vans require special tyres (not car tyres) for the DoE?
    http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m27b0s506p0 (165/70/13" - can't see 165/65/13 for vans)

Possibly but this is essentially a car and it is taxed privately as it was only €30 extra so it qualifies for an NCT.

Anymore opinions on the tyres?

bump

Advertisement