Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fuel is going to jump tomorrow night.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,998 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Ah balls, source?

Hammertime owns petrol stations, he's a reliable source on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

testicle wrote: »
    It is???

1obrentt.gif

Your graph ends last year and doesn't show any of this years gains.

Low mid December was around $37, today trading at $51.

Approx 40% rise on mid December prices.

Graph up to yesterday below
    cbfclose.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Off to fill up now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Yeah - but how is that relevant? You're not comparing like with like. I could just bend down & pick it up - takes 1 second & is no hassle: not get in my car, drive to a petrol station, fill 'er up, go in & pay, drive home, etc.... I wouldn't do that to save €1!
    Find a better analogy, mate.

Lol, it would probably cost more fuel to turn on the car and drive to the petrol station that what would you save in financial terms. If your out and about in your car then fair enough, fill up, but all these people rushing out of their house/workplace to fill up is a bit over-top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Filled up the tank for 91cent/litre.

that'll do :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Your graph ends last year and doesn't show any of this years gains.

Low mid December was around $37, today trading at $51.

Approx 40% rise on mid December prices.

Graph up to yesterday below
    cbfclose.gif

+1 at the time of writing Crude was trading at around $48

Anyway the good news is there has just been very strong inventory numbers and oil is trading back below $45. Hopefully a middle east cease fire could see us back in the 30's

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

@ TheBazman, great graph.

Fair bit of volume after the cease fire was announced, poor old speculators getting rid by the looks of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Yeah - but how is that relevant? You're not comparing like with like. I could just bend down & pick it up - takes 1 second & is no hassle: not get in my car, drive to a petrol station, fill 'er up, go in & pay, drive home, etc.... I wouldn't do that to save €1!
    Find a better analogy, mate.

If you read my post correctly you would see that I said I wouldn't go out just to fill up, but if I'm passing a station on my way I would.
    Foolish not to IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

never saw it below 98.6 in my neck of the woods, so it will be over the euro at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 carrick

diesel 87.9 up to 91.9 in esso station carrick on suir cheapest ive seen it in a long time over christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Petrol is now cheaper (until midnight) than E85!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I've about half a tank so I think i'll give it a miss to save that extra euro or two. My local is 94.9 so will be interesting to see what it will be tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,998 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Local Esso has added 2c to diesel / 1c to petrol since this morning; be interesting to see what if anything else they add.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Cheers for that. Just filled up at the Navan to Slane Topaz, Diesel 90.9c

Advertisement