Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Laptop Question

• 07-01-2009 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hi,

Might sound like a newbie but here goes -

Disclaimer - I purchased and currently own the physical disc of the mentioned games, my query is based on backup and disc longevity, plus mobility.

Am finally getting my hands on a gaming laptop and was wondering if you folk could help me out with a virtual drive question.

I'd like to make images of my physical games cd/dvds for better mobility (not wanting to carry around 20+ games with me all the time)

Firstly what are the implications of this with Vista, will old games run on Vista and whats the best possible method - should I run a disc image using virtual drive software or just download a no-cd crack? Whats the best software to do this - Alcohol, Daemon tools or any others?

Is there any way to play these disc images online or would that be out of the question without using the original disc?

Cheers for you time

Jay-C

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

20 CD's isn't a lot to take around with you, I assume you have a laptop bag? Use CD sleeves, problem sorted.

Failing that, I would use a virtual-drive myself, if only because the game 'scene' has slowed down a lot and doesn't produce patches & No-CD cracks like it used to - I like having my games patched to the latest versions :)

As long as the serial number is legitimate you'll be able to play online, I don't know of a game that CRC's their exe's or protection files before letting you play online.

Advertisement