Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabbit behaviour

Options
  • 07-01-2009 1:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭

Can someone shed some light on this for me please.

My dog was sleeping on the couch and the rabbit doesnt normally get on the couch but tonight he did and was smelling the dog etc and he pooped all around the dog while he was sleeping.

Tbh i thought it was hilarious, for a minute, then he starting spraying wee all over the couch, sounded like a bad case of the runs :eek:

Then sprayed a milky substance. I'm disgusted,. Whats this and why did he do that.

Hes 1 year old both indoor and outdoor, i have him in these cold nights and he doesnt normally poop all over the place like a previous rabbit i had. Hes been put in the kitchen now after his carry on.

Hes not neutered btw, after speaking to the vet i am not willing to take the risk with him seeing as how he is an only rabbit. Dunno what kind of rabbit he is but his pic is on the other thread if that helps.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭animalcrazy

Does he get on with your dog? Running around the dog and pooping all around him sounds to me like the ''circle of love''. It's what rabbits do when they love something, my male rabbits does it to me lol and a buck will usually do it to a doe before mating. Spraying is also his way of claiming his territory, so he's basically saying the couch is his and no body elses. The milky substance is normal, it's what they spray when marking their territory. There is no way to stop this behaviour but neuteuring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

They get on ok inside the house but if outside he will run from the dog and the dog will chase him.

He circles me too and makes his little grunting noises, i think he loves me!

I thought he was cuddling up to the dog, he wasnt he was seizing his opportunity to show him what he thinks of him while he was sleeping :D

I couldnt sleep for laughing at the idea of it last night (granted i had a couple of drinks on me and might not have found it funny sober that a rabbit pooped on my couch) but i kept thinking about what was going through his head as he was doing it, there take that dog :D

Advertisement