Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

have to make a call to recieve a message

• 07-01-2009 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

since friday i have had to ring 1741 to recieve a message or for a message to deliver. I've been onto meteor about it and they say a replacement sim is the only option left to do after been onto them about 5 times. will i have to pay for the replacement sim? its a nokia n95 8 gig if it makes any difference

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Replacement SIM will be free. Go into a Meteor store (or Meteor agent such as CPW) and they will sort you out. If you store your phone numbers on your SIM ask them to copy your contacts over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

thanks. the only thing that is worrying me is that sometimes the messages are fine then it goes back to having to make a call i hope this doesnt happen while im in the meteor shop and they are trying to see what the problem is

Tell the guys in the Meteor shop that you have been on to customer care and they've advised you to get a new SIM. They should just replace it for you unless it's a very slow day and they feel like winding you up. If this is the case and you don't have the time ask them to check the notes on your account (or ask them to ring customer care to check them, but I think they have access in store to it) which suggest replacement SIM.

And if you really aren't bothered .. just go in and tell them you lost your SIM and ask for a new one. They may charge for this (they reserve the right in their T&C etc) but I've never been charged - they want you to be back up and running spending money ASAP. :)

thanks alot ill be going out tommorow to get it . its been a wreck the head having to make a call to get a message the last few days

ok i went to meteor and got new sim card , they said wait about a half an hour and it will come up on the screen sim registration failed. I waited til that came up and put the new sim card in. Still the same problem so i'm back to square one. Does anyone know if a hard reset will work?

• Advertisement

Sorta sounds like a phone problem then. No harm in trying a hard reset .. only takes a couple of mins.

** All data will be lost on the phone **

You can do *#7370# on the phone to reset.

Or you can power off and hold *, 3 and the green/call button when powering on the handset and then enter the default security code of 12345.

ok tried that hard reset that didnt do anything for it. dont know what to do . i have this fone since last april hope i dont have to get a new one

When you say "didn't do anything for it" do you mean that the hard reset worked (in that it reset the phone) but didn't solve your issue?

In that case I would suggest you bring it to www.mprc.ie and ask them to repair it under warranty. Alternatively bring it to Meteor.

I say send it to www.mprc.ie (or another) yourself because in my experience things take longer when you go through a middleman. The phone might not be sent away for a day or two and you might not get a call for a day or two after it comes back.

Up to yourself, plenty of options.

the hard reset worked but the problem is still there.

cant really get it repaired under warrenty as i didnt buy it directly from meteor i bought it from a friend sim free and have a meteor sim card in it . any idea how much it might cost to get fixed?

Contact the Nokia repair centre on Dawson St or www.mprc.ie and give them the IMEI. They may be able to repair it for you without receipt based on IMEI and datecode / serial on phone. Also the fact that the phone is out less than 2 years may stand to you :)

* there are of course other places you can get it repaired, these are just the ones that spring to mind.

• Advertisement

thanks alot . ill get in touch with one of them . i dont want to have to fork out too much money if they dont repair it under warrenty, but hopefully they do

i meant to post a reply sooner , i got my phone sorted, a friend had the same problem and just changed his network settings from dual mode to gsm . i done the same and its working perfect now . no need for repair thank god

Advertisement