Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Challenge: Blue Square South/North to Champions League Winners

Options
  • 07-01-2009 2:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭

What to do:
    1) Go to www.random.org , go to the numbers section which will generate you a random number between 1 and 44, (1-22 representing the 22 teams in Blue Square North in alphabetical order, 23-44 representing the 22 teams in Blue Square South in alphabetical order). The number you get is the team you take to the Champions League and onwards.
    2) Each season MUST be an improvement on the last. Even its from 17th to 16th there must be an improvement on the last. Relegation is allowed once after a promotion as long as you come straight back up, and then must stay there permanently.
    3) No extra nations can be loaded up.

I started this last week and got Fisher Athletic. Will post more details on how mine is going if people are into the idea.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

DSB wrote: »
    What to do:
    1) Go to www.random.org , go to the numbers section which will generate you a random number between 1 and 44, (1-22 representing the 22 teams in Blue Square North in alphabetical order, 23-44 representing the 22 teams in Blue Square South in alphabetical order). The number you get is the team you take to the Champions League and onwards.
    2) Each season MUST be an improvement on the last. Even its from 17th to 16th there must be an improvement on the last. Relegation is allowed once after a promotion as long as you come straight back up, and then must stay there permanently.
    3) No extra nations can be loaded up.

I started this last week and got Fisher Athletic. Will post more details on how mine is going if people are into the idea.

I'm into the idea, but the challenge would be more fair if we all played as the same team. Then nobody could complain on who the got. Just a idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

To be honest, I'd have thought that'd make a difference in like the Premiership as far down as League 2. But in the Blue Square regionals and even the Premier, the standard of your club is gonna be that bad that you'll have to undergo a complete overhaul of the way the club operates if you're gonna make the Premiership. I don't mind starting again with everyone else if lots of people feel the same way though. I just like the idea of everyone randomly getting a different club and having completely different experiences as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

DSB wrote: »
    To be honest, I'd have thought that'd make a difference in like the Premiership as far down as League 2. But in the Blue Square regionals and even the Premier, the standard of your club is gonna be that bad that you'll have to undergo a complete overhaul of the way the club operates if you're gonna make the Premiership. I don't mind starting again with everyone else if lots of people feel the same way though. I just like the idea of everyone randomly getting a different club and having completely different experiences as a result.

Don't think I can count myself in for this one. Don't think I have the time to dedicate to getting a team lifted from Blue Square up to Premier League.

Have fun though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

will give this a go as soon as my laptop is fixed is goona be a mofo.Also,if we dont improve on our last season we have to start again ???

Yup thats the tricky part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

There's a very similar challenge to this on the SI forums (dafuge challenge) where you holiday the first season and then pick one of the clubs newly promoted to the BSS/BSN. That way you get a realllly low rep team.
    It really makes for an interesting game. And yes, teams at that level really are tripe.

The starting again if you have a bad season would put me off though as sometimes you just have to rebuild the team leading to a poor season during the transition.

Season 1:
    Season1.jpg

Season 2:
    Season2.jpg

Season 3:
    Season3.jpg

In February of my 4th season, and I'm in 6th place in the Blue Square Premier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ah only a week ago i won the champs league with havant and waterloo in the 2021/2022 season in fm08. took literally 2 weeks of playtime. real players that i had were like anderson and adam johnson. players who people would know. got promoted in my first season and then relegated. i think i got promoted 3 or 4 seasons in a row then! Can't remember all of it, but i got to 2 champions league finals and won 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Sounds like fun. Might start this when i get bored with my current game.

Advertisement