Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prosecution from Torrenting/P2P?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

ronoc wrote: »
    All the encryption in world and any other counter measures are pointless if you use public trackers.

Not true. Proxying your connection could tarpit efforts to track you down.
    private trackers are safer?

Potentially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

theres an anonymous p2p network, not too unlike Tor but it seems to have died down recently. not a bad idea especially if you get enough people using it and enough legit content on it as well. i run a tor node off my server but i don't have too much bandwidth. i started it when the **** was going down in Burma but now looks like people are going to be using it in Ireland too

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

IrishTLR wrote: »
    The very fact that you are using torrents means that you are uploading..... [99.99999% of the time]

Eh, no. Not if you set up your application to 100% leech.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

that's the spirit ArseBurger. :rolleyes:

theres too many different ways of downloading pirated music (and everything else) for this to do anything other than catch a few people who don't know what they're doing.

any downloader worth their salt with either not be on Eircom in the first place, move or at the very least find one of the many methods of downloading that is untraceable to their ISP.

remember, this isn't even Eircom tracking what you are downloading, this is a 3rd party telling eircom you are downloading stuff so all you would need to do is use a method not being monitored (or not able to be monitored) by this 3rd party and you're grand.

at this stage in the game they're just a little Dutch boy with a finger in a dyke (careful now:)).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

ArseBurger wrote: »
    Eh, no. Not if you set up your application to 100% leech.

I guess you didn't see the "99.99999% of the time" in my quote?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Downloading copyrighted material is illegal.

Boards.ie won't tolerate the encouragement of such activities, in the form of admittance of such or description of how to facilitate such.

I will be deleting posts and locking this thread. A relevant discussion is also active in the broadband forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement