Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downing Hunt

Options
  • 07-01-2009 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Harry seems to really want to get his man in this case. We have apparently gone back with a bid of 14.5m, which is quite a lot if you ask me. Surely there is better value around than spending this much on Downing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Harry seems to really want to get his man in this case. We have apparently gone back with a bid of 14.5m, which is quite a lot if you ask me. Surely there is better value around than spending this much on Downing.

I agree if the lad was german we'd prob have him for 10. Still I always rated him but I can just see him going the way og bently and get crushed under the hype cause we've been sniffing around him for a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

id be honest and let the lad stay were he is. i think he was a good 18 year old but has not got any better to be honest. would have preferred to have big steed malbranque there any day but ramos sold him(spanish prick).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I thought this was a hybrid player, Stephen Hunt would be a better buy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Id love to see us go after Krancjar from Pompey, but Im not sure Harry would bid with whats gone on recently. Im fairly sure Pompey would sell for 10 or 12, and id much rather him than downing.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Id love to see us go after Krancjar from Pompey, but Im not sure Harry would bid with whats gone on recently. Im fairly sure Pompey would sell for 10 or 12, and id much rather him than downing.

I'd love to see Krancjar too to play with his Croatian buddies Luka and Charlie. Just don't know how much more business Pompey will do with us. If we can't get him though I'd go for hunt. I know it's more a stop-gap but he's a grafter with an eye-for-goal and that'd be handy in our present position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

if we were going to pay £14.5m then we should be aiming for someone like Capel from Seville. Here is a guy with real potential. Only issue is that they are still p***ed with us for taking Ramos. We were very keen for him in the summer but they inflated the price because it was Spurs..

Downing is good, but £14.5m is way too much, you could pick up sonmeone else with the same ability, but a different passport for £7-£8.

On another note im liking the way 'Arry is openly admitting the balence of the squad has been all wrong. It's about time a spurs manager admitted as much. its been obvious to the fans for years...

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

theduffer wrote: »
    if we were going to pay £14.5m then we should be aiming for someone like Capel from Seville. Here is a guy with real potential. Only issue is that they are still p***ed with us for taking Ramos. We were very keen for him in the summer but they inflated the price because it was Spurs..

Downing is good, but £14.5m is way too much, you could pick up sonmeone else with the same ability, but a different passport for £7-£8.

On another note im liking the way 'Arry is openly admitting the balence of the squad has been all wrong. It's about time a spurs manager admitted as much. its been obvious to the fans for years...

So true mate. Obvious to the fans but somehow the managers:mad:, our so-called Director of Football :rolleyes: at the time and even our chairman who went along with all of these buys:eek:!!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

what really got me was the purcahses of Bent and Bentley. At the time we had plenty of strength in dept in both positions, but not left wing... I think those two 5th place finishes could have been higher with 1 astute pruchase...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I see we are now being linked with Nzogbia. He's young, quick and has a lovely left foot, he'd probably be a very good addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ya the Downing deal seems to be dead in the water which is fine by me, the lad even put in a tranfer request I believe.

Nzogbia would IMO be a much better buy, We def need someone out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Yeah N' Zogbia would be a good buy but Arsenal are after him too apparently.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

thank christ downing deal didnt go through not good enough for the figures boro were talking imo.

Advertisement