Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A3 Opinions

Options
  • 06-01-2009 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

I was talking to a main dealer yesterday and he said that the A3 now comes standard with A/C, however its still listed as an extra on audi.ie?

Looking at getting the 170tdi quattro, opinions?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,324 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Start a new thread, tbh.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Posts moved to a new thread

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I was talking to a main dealer yesterday and he said that the A3 now comes standard with A/C, however its still listed as an extra on audi.ie?

Looking at getting the 170tdi quattro, opinions?.

A3 doesn't get A/C as standard, we've delivered one already this year (2.0Tdi 170 Quattro Ambiente) and I'm taking another out this morning (2.0Tdi Ambition 140ps). Had to spec the SE pack on both (about €1,400) as that's the cheapest way to get Climate Control, also gives I-Pod connector and ISOFIX as part of the pack.

I didn't get to drive the Quattro, but based on looks I'd take the 140 Ambition over the Quattro as they were both around the same price after the Ambition was loaded with extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭CantThinkOfANam

Thanks mods.

ROR, thanks for the reply. I'm looking at getting a car that hold its value the best. So I'm not looking to load it with extras, just air con and sline. I would be afraid that the quattro might not hold its value the best as demand for that size would be small.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,249 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Thanks mods.

ROR, thanks for the reply. I'm looking at getting a car that hold its value the best. So I'm not looking to load it with extras, just air con and sline. I would be afraid that the quattro might not hold its value the best as demand for that size would be small.

Hate to be the barer of bad news but in the current market nothing is holding it's value. And it doesn't look like changing anytime soon. Cars like the A3 are not imperviouse to this either.

Also no A/C on a €30k plus car in 2009 is an absolute joke. If I spent that much on a car without A/C I would feel like I was just mugged. Very poor value imo and proves the theory that you pay for the badge not the car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

bazz26 wrote: »
    Also no A/C on a €30k plus car in 2009 is an absolute joke. If I spent that much on a car without A/C I would feel like I was just mugged. Very poor value imo and proves the theory that you pay for the badge not the car.

+1, although I would revise that to €25K! And €30K should get you full climate. Anything less and you're being sold a pup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

I agree, ridiculous the way Audi continue in this economic climate to screw people by charging them for things like aircon on such an expensive car. I realise its not just Audi but they are one of the worst.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

Wait 6months and get one up North that will have a **** load of so called extras as standard,we only get the poor relation extra/standards down here,because the car makers know (think weare all soft in the head and will pay extra for extras)wait the 6months and you wont have to pay any V.A.T. on it,and after you V.R.T. it you will still be quids up..

On a off note,why in the name of god would you want to buy a new car anyway,in this climate?????????????????????

Believe me I know all about A3's not holding value. I was looking to change one for an A5 but I decided a while ago to hold onto my car. However I was approached by somebody the other day whose interested in buying it. So thats why I'm thinking of changing it for another A3.

Its all a balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

You can get a 6 month old 5 series in the UK with more power, less tax for cheaper than a new a3.

• Advertisement

thetyreman wrote: »
    On a off note,why in the name of god would you want to buy a new car anyway,in this climate?????????????????????

Good question. As I said I decided not to get the A5 in this climate. But now I have an opportunity to sell my car privately...

Advertisement