Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good time to buy dollars?

Options
  • 07-01-2009 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭

Going to the states at the end of the month and I see the euro is worth about 1.35 (or less in the bank!) I haven't been keeping an eye on the rates so is it likely to get a bit better in the next few weeks or should I just get my money changed now?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

sweetie wrote: »
    Going to the states at the end of the month and I see the euro is worth about 1.35 (or less in the bank!) I haven't been keeping an eye on the rates so is it likely to get a bit better in the next few weeks or should I just get my money changed now?

thanks

I'm no expert but have been watching the dollar for a couple of months now as I'm heading state-side too. Considering the Dollar was 1.41 last Friday with the forex (foreign exchange market), I'd say it's better to buy now than wait. Any predictions I've seen say that the dollar will only get stronger but as I said, I'm no expert, just an interested punter.

As for the 'experts', all they can do is speculate so you can never be sure 100% either way. Personally, I'm not waiting any longer, I'm buying today, would have bought last week if I had the funds.

Probably a good idea to call your bank and see what they think if you want peace of mind before you decide but they'll p[robably tell you much the same i imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Just bought dollars there in Bank of Ireland, US bank draft @ rate of 1.338 to the dollar (they are usually a point or so below the forex companies). BOI suited me better though for what I want to do with it, more flexible

Advertisement