Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

late night café(s)

Options
  • 07-01-2009 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭

hi does anyone know of any late night café's?

i'm meeting an old friend tonight and would like to go for a coffee. i'm off the drink for january and in work until 6 so by the time i get home, back out again and meet her, it'll be half 7 at least.

where would one go for a coffee, or a place to chat? this is not a date

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

As much as i dislike the place, i believe starbucks stay open til 9 or so, there's a big one on College Green. There's a little coffee shop section in Fallon & Byrne's on Exchequer Street, stays open til 9 or 10 I think.
    A lot of pubs do decent coffee now as well, can just pick a quiet one and get coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I think Sufi's on Lwr Stephen St is still open late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

BendiBus wrote: »
    I think Sufi's on Lwr Stephen St is still open late.

Yea thats true. Also there are a few places in Rathmines that open late

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

Táck wrote: »
    this is not a date

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

I find this a constant probem tbh since kafe Moka closed espesh. Pubs are actually quite good for coffee these days though.

Doyles and Sinnots both do nice java Republic coffee at around €2, and they're open late :) Bia Bar is very good too and has more of a cafe / bar style atmosphere.

Oh and in all three, you're not made feel like a tool for ordering a coffee past eight in the evening, like in a few pubs I've been in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

Why not invite her back to yours, telling her that there are no nice coffee places open late. Then while she makes you a brew, put on Barry White and dim the lights. Wit a bit of sweet talk shes yours.

Thats why they call me disco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

went to gruel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

went to gruel

what was it like, i have walked by that place thousands of times but never went in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭ODS

disssco wrote: »
    Why not invite her back to yours, telling her that there are no nice coffee places open late. Then while she makes you a brew, put on Barry White and dim the lights. Wit a bit of sweet talk shes yours

Lol best advice all night :D

Re Gruel, good restaurant if bohemian and informal - reasonably priced, particularly when you compare to the more stuffy Mermaid "Cafe" next door, which also belongs to the same owners... Have never thought about Gruel just for coffee though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

well it turned more into like an evening supper. i had the trout and it was one of the nices meals i've ate in months. that guy who won the oscar last year for that really annoying song was sititng right beside me. in raggedy clothes, albeit expensive looking ones.

nice place though, small menu. the bread and dips are immense, although i am slightly biased toward any half decent pesto sauce. one starter, two mains €40...i'd pay it again.

my only gripe, is the enforced service charge. i like leaving a tip, but by choice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

For future reference - Pier 19 on Camden Street open late and I've gone in just for coffee. It's good coffee too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fiona_helena88

Does anyone go to Bewleys on Grafton Street anymore? I think it's open late enough from what I can remember.....and the coffee is gooood:-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Does anyone go to Bewleys on Grafton Street anymore? I think it's open late enough from what I can remember.....and the coffee is gooood:-D

It closes in and around 10:30/11 which is not that late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

well it turned more into like an evening supper. i had the trout and it was one of the nices meals i've ate in months. that guy who won the oscar last year for that really annoying song was sititng right beside me. in raggedy clothes, albeit expensive looking ones.

my only gripe, is the enforced service charge. i like leaving a tip, but by choice.

Are you talking about the restraunt or the girl herself?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

Just go to a quiet pub you can have coffee there. My friend does it all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Bewleys is still operating? Excellent. I thought they had all closed down.
    T&#225 wrote: »
    that guy who won the oscar last year for that really annoying song was sititng right beside me. in raggedy clothes, albeit expensive looking ones.
    Glen Hansard. Don't know why he gets such a bad rap in Ireland. I wouldn't complain sitting next to him. Then again I've been into his music since the early 1990's.

Advertisement