Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CC Final

Options
  • 07-01-2009 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

does anyone have any ideas on packages for the carling cup final? it was a killer watching in the local last year so going to try get over this time round, i dont think i will have near enough loyality points to get a ticket from the club.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I was in the same boat last year. Did'nt have enough loyalty points to get a ticket through the club, and even though I have built up more over the last 12 months, I reckon I will still fall slightly below the barrier this year, should we get there, although you never know.

I priced a few packages last year but it was crazy money. Im arsed if Im gonna pay some crowd €600 for 1 night and a ticket, although if I had it I probably would ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

i was in london last year but could not get a ticket either and toutes were looking for 1200 sterling for 2 tickets in the chelsea end that was the cheapest i heard. never heard of any package deals last season and was on the look out. i bagsy first spare ticket on this site! ha ha got in there before yous two!

childish but it might work

keane=cock wrote: »
    i bagsy first spare ticket on this site! ha ha got in there before yous two!

childish but it might work

I'll fight ye for it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

I know that a few Spurs fans i know were planning on booking their flights last week. I'm too superstitious to do anything of the sort until we're actually there. Think they were booking flights from Cork. Not sure on actual packages though. I know someone who went last year and waited until the very very last minute to get a ticket from a tout and got one at a relatively reasonable price. I just get te feeling I'll be in my local watching it again...if we get there (see...still overly-superstitious:rolleyes:)!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Manic087 wrote: »
    I know that a few Spurs fans i know were planning on booking their flights last week. I'm too superstitious to do anything of the sort until we're actually there. Think they were booking flights from Cork. Not sure on actual packages though. I know someone who went last year and waited until the very very last minute to get a ticket from a tout and got one at a relatively reasonable price. I just get te feeling I'll be in my local watching it again...if we get there (see...still overly-superstitious:rolleyes:)!!!!

If anything goes wrong in the 2nd leg blame me, i booked my flights last night. Ryanair ex Cork to Stansted on the Saturday and home on the Monday 25 yoyo's in total. Now all I need is a ticket :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

When would the final be played?

I think i'll def fly over and take it all in on the day and be there for when we "hopefully" win.

Would we have any hope of getting tickets should UTD loose the semi?

ziedth wrote: »
    When would the final be played?

I think i'll def fly over and take it all in on the day and be there for when we "hopefully" win.

Date for the Final is set as Sunday 1st March at 3p.m. We'd be playing Sunderland same day if we were to be knocked out, just going by current fixture list. This game would be the Sunday due to the UEFA game on Thursday but at least it's at home to Shakhtar and not out in the Ukraine.

yiddo wrote: »
    If anything goes wrong in the 2nd leg blame me, i booked my flights last night. Ryanair ex Cork to Stansted on the Saturday and home on the Monday 25 yoyo's in total. Now all I need is a ticket :D

Taking note of that already yiddo!! :p

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I'll fight ye for it ;)

any time any place,
    i warn you in advance im a sneaky dirty hair pulling name calling sly shot taking kinda guy.

after wards ill trash talk like mr t in rocky...."i want you balboa!"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

ziedth wrote: »

I reckon there'd be more tickets spare if United got to the final than Derby.

Loyalty point cut off last year was 126 for members, I'd imagine it would be similar if we get there this year.

• Advertisement

I reckon there'd be more tickets spare if United got to the final than Derby.

Loyalty point cut off last year was 126 for members, I'd imagine it would be similar if we get there this year.

agree it would be easier to get a ticket if mancs got there. they expect to play in bigger finals than the cc.

anyone know how much these tickets cost?

IIRC, tickets were priced from £38-£80 last year depending on the area.

Touted tickets went for as high as £600 I believe.

thanks reckless one.

have a few people on the lookout for me but dont want to get my trousers pulled down over the price

Lads, just reading on the website that our Uefa Cup 2nd leg game is on Thursday Feb 26th. This means we would be playing in the CC Final on the following Sunday if we get there. Bit poxy aint it !!!

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Lads, just reading on the website that our Uefa Cup 2nd leg game is on Thursday Feb 26th. This means we would be playing in the CC Final on the following Sunday if we get there. Bit poxy aint it !!!

No different from last season, we had Prague the Thursday before.

Interesting. Just had a look there and Utd are in Milan on the Tuesday so no real advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Abbey Travel did a €799 (I think) package for last years CC final.
    Flights
    1 night 4* accom
    Neutral Corporate Box ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Ryanair - Dublin to Gatwick - €17.50 cant beat that!

Now for a ticket, any ideas how to come by some?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Joycee

I went over last year on the promise of a ticket from a buddy of mine who runs a pub in Islington. (He's a Yiddo dont worry) Ticket fell through and I tried everything to get a ticket. £400 for a Chelsea end - told tout to f off. £750 for a ticket in the Spurs end, I hadnt a hope. I ended up watching the match in an Irish pub called the Parish right around the corner from Wembley and had some craic. I'm willing to do it all over again, and I pray this time I'll get a ticket. Cmon you Spurs!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Lads, just fyi contacted Abbey travel and below is response. Steep enough though.

Hi Mark,
    For hotel & match ticket package, travel is not included you would be looking at approx
    €659.00 per person sharing, this price includes club level match ticket.
    Price is subject to availability.
    Regards,
    Geraldine

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Lads, just fyi contacted Abbey travel and below is response. Steep enough though.

Hi Mark,
    For hotel & match ticket package, travel is not included you would be looking at approx
    €659.00 per person sharing, this price includes club level match ticket.
    Price is subject to availability.
    Regards,
    Geraldine

Fcuking Scandalous Mate.

your tellling me, think you'd want flights included + the last 20 minutes playing centre forward for that price. I'll check around for better deals and post if I find any.

was just on to sportsworld in the UK, they are an overseas club wembley agent. I have just reserved 2 tickets, he said he has 3 more defs and possibly more but reckons once tonight is over they will go quickly.
    best deal by miles.
    packages for hotel and match ticket.
    299gbp for a twin and 365 for a single. With the rate at the moment thats great.

site -
    http://www.sportsworld-group.com/swg/sportsworld/events/Wembley_Stadium_tickets_and_accommodation_packages/Carling_Cup_Final_ticket_accommodation.html

To make a booking please call our dedicated Club Wembley sales team on +44 (0) 1235 555844

that is for a club wembley corp ticket but you have to be travelling from outside Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

your tellling me, think you'd want flights included + the last 20 minutes playing centre forward for that price. I'll check around for better deals and post if I find any.

20 minutes ? I'd want at least 45 minutes for that price!:D

I dont think the one for 300 is that bad all considering.

The hotel would cost you 160 if you booked on your own anyway so you are paying 140 for a club wembley seat which if I spotted right generally price between 80 - 100.

They prob got the rooms from the hotel for next to nothing so I would say thats where they are making a killing.

was just on to sportsworld in the UK, they are an overseas club wembley agent. I have just reserved 2 tickets, he said he has 3 more defs and possibly more but reckons once tonight is over they will go quickly.
    best deal by miles.
    packages for hotel and match ticket.
    299gbp for a twin and 365 for a single. With the rate at the moment thats great.

site -
    http://www.sportsworld-group.com/swg/sportsworld/events/Wembley_Stadium_tickets_and_accommodation_packages/Carling_Cup_Final_ticket_accommodation.html

To make a booking please call our dedicated Club Wembley sales team on +44 (0) 1235 555844

Did you book the above Mullo ?

When you say he has reserved seats/tickets for you, is it a guarantee ?

morning hatch. Yeah guaranteed, going to ring this morning and finalise. Cant see getting a better deal anywhere and confident we will do the job tonight. (Dont even want to think this but If we dont I will just have to get rid of them but willing to take chance.)

• Advertisement

Morning fella. Interesting, might look in to it, although in the current climate, im not sure the bank balance could handle it :)

Advertisement