Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A really quick question regarding ccm?

Options
  • 07-01-2009 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭

Is ccm the same thing as cc ?

I'm supplying details of my car to a company and they've asked for model, ccm, hp, engine code, vin number. The rest are fine but I'd like to double check that ccm is Cubic Centimeter ie: Engine Capacity before I submit the info.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Abeyance

yep got it in one .... ccm is the same as cc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

and to be pernickety ...ccm is also "correcter" than cc

mm
    cm
    m
    km

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

But wasn't cc originally the abbreviation for Cubic Capacity? Over the years it has somehow become assumed to mean the metric displacement of an engine. In other words, it would be correct to say that the cc of a car is 1800ccm.

Advertisement