Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roy Keane to manage Man City

• 07-01-2009 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

Well that's what an article in the Sunday World suggests :rolleyes:
    Struggling Manchester City are a club likely to be interested in the former captain of deadly rivals Man United and news of his availability may be the final nail in Mark Hughes coffin.

The article says he's indicated he is ready to return to management and also links him to Celtic if Strachan leaves at the end of the season.

Unsurprisingly I was unble to find any articles about any of this online. It was on the back page of the Sunday World Jan 4.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

lulz

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

pwd wrote: »
    Well that's what an article in the Sunday World suggests :rolleyes:

The article says he's indicated he is ready to return to management and also links him to Celtic if Strachan leaves at the end of the season.

Unsurprisingly I was unble to find any articles about any of this online. It was on the back page of the Sunday World Jan 4.

That lad should never get another job in management again...how can he be ready to come back after walking out on Sunderland a matter of weeks ago. Anyway I think his ego would clash with the likes of Robinho and other big name signings that City are after. I think it's pure crap, even if Hughes is on his way out, then I think they have the money to lure one of the big names in management, and Roy Keane does NOT come close to coming into this bracket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

No-one in their right mind would give him a club ...

... although it's just the kind of thing some crazy sheiks might do.

He's still a largely unproven manager - the only proven part being that he's a terrible loser and doesn't have the bottle for a real fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm beginning to think that a website or something is necessary where journalists are named alongside their predictions/suggestions, and they're highlighted when they're wrong.

Maybe that will stop all of the bullsh*te that you so often see in the tabloids.

Having said that, maybe this will happen! Probably not though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Rofles.

Burton Albion need a manager.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Roy Keane at City?! That's almost as crazy as Peter Schmeichel going over to the blue side!!! Oh, wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Man City have got loads of money, why would they be interested in selling a few thousand shirts in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I nearly had a heart attack reading that thread title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

This story is from the Sunday World! Please close this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Dave! wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think that a website or something is necessary where journalists are named alongside their predictions/suggestions, and they're highlighted when they're wrong.

Maybe that will stop all of the bullsh*te that you so often see in the tabloids.

Having said that, maybe this will happen! Probably not though.

There is! Well, not a list, but its a daily feature on football 365 called mediawatch which takes the piss out of bad predictions and bad football journalism.
    Here's yesterdays, you can browse older ones, usually they post up a new one for todays papers at around noon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Man City have got loads of money, why would they be interested in selling a few thousand shirts in Ireland?
    And having to take Sunderland trade-ins at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

I doubt City would offer Keane the job but if they did he would be jump at it. The lad has taken every opportunity to distance himself from Manchester United since leaving them.

Are people actually taking this story seriously?
    City are possibly the richest club in the world, they can have their choice of managers. Why would they pick a failed premiership manager? It's like believing that Madrid, Milan or Chelsea are after Keane. It's tabloid rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

RichTea wrote: »
    I doubt City would offer Keane the job but if they did he would be jump at it. The lad has taken every opportunity to distance himself from Manchester United since leaving them.

It would never EVER happen, and not because he's a crap manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

wont happen, cant see keane getting another prem job anytime soon, would be more likely to get a mid championship table (if any at present), yes he done a great job with sunderland, but think he showed a major weakness walking out on them, had he stayed and kept them up another season, then he might have showed some credentials and had some chance of managing another prem side

think he should maybe join a prem club as an assistant, or maybe some mentoring, wont recomend man utd, would be to much pressure and would maybe never get full credit for results with sir alex watching over him all the time from the stands

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It would never EVER happen, and not because he's a crap manager.

I agree but if such an opportunity as to manage one of United's bitter rivals arose then I'd have no doubts that Roy Keane would take that job.

I remember last year he was being touted as a possible replacement for Fergie. That seems fairly ridiculous now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

well, he kept sunderland from relegation last year, which is maybe may city are interested in him ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

Quint wrote: »
    It's like believing that Madrid, Milan or Chelsea are after Keane.

ah here, we have money but we are not to be compared those clubs. as for keane, come on it was in the sunday world, and while were not real madrid were not stevenage borough either, not yet anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I nearly had a heart attack reading that thread title.

Be honest. You nearly creamed yourself didn't you? :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement