Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler Service

Options
  • 07-01-2009 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good pro to do this?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭caji

Bord Gais do it for €105. They usually come out within a week of calling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

aye - they did ours recently too. it gets charged to your gas bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

Great was just going to ask the same question, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Hi

have a problem with the heating where boiler will come on and then shut off and then come on, shut off. no pattern to it whatsoever.

Had james down, couldn't fix it.
    Had a mate of his, didn't fix it.
    Had another guy down, disagnosed a different problem, costing €400 to fix.

Had Bord Gais out, €90 for 1st 30 mins, €25 for anything after that. he came out said I need a new thermometer. ordered it called back and couldn't do it because he can't get the cover off with the press around it.

its expensive looking at different boilermen coming and going without success.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

Hi wrote: »
    have a problem with the heating where boiler will come on and then shut off and then come on, shut off. no pattern to it whatsoever.

Had james down, couldn't fix it.
    Had a mate of his, didn't fix it.
    Had another guy down, disagnosed a different problem, costing €400 to fix.

Had Bord Gais out, €90 for 1st 30 mins, €25 for anything after that. he came out said I need a new thermometer. ordered it called back and couldn't do it because he can't get the cover off with the press around it.

its expensive looking at different boilermen coming and going without success.
    Give me a bit more info about the boiler and the problem:
    Make?
    Model?
    Description of fault?
    Where do you live?
    I charge €90 for a service including RGII Declaration of Conformance (Safety Cert).
    MG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Skafan

Mini Golf

Do you go out as far as Westmeath

If not is there anyone that you would recommend

Thanks

Skafan

Advertisement