Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 x turtles with full tank set up free to good home

Options
  • 07-01-2009 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

2 x yellow bellied turtles available for re homing, along with very large tank, heater, heat lamp, filter system etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Ill give you a call tomorow i need a biger thank for my turtles only have a small one now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Eibhin

I am near Bray,Co. Wicklow. I took one of the turtles in as a rescue as he was dumped outside a petshop on the street so that's why I have the 2 of them. He has really grown a lot. I heard of someone who rescues turtles and has a full indoor pond set up but I could not find him when I went looking. Any help would be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gversey

pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RepComm

I'm going to be very carefull how i word this, i was removed from this section earlier and kindly been allowed back on here, Eibhin you now have my email and i will talk to you that about taking in the rescues.

Mat

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

RepComm: Do not post again in this thread, and do not use threads to bitch and moan about moderators - that's what the Help Desk (Under the Sys menu item on top) is for.
    The matter is being reviewed.

• Advertisement

I just don't get it. I was thrilled to find this site (boards.ie) and even happier to find someone willing to take my turtles, and that person has been ticked off for posting contact details for me to get in touch with them. It's ridiculous and laughable. Spend more time removing offensive posts from other threads, of which there are plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Eibhin: The poster spammed this forum before under a previous alias. They have re-registered to pimp their business with more subtlety. End of discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Oh I'm sorry! I wouldn't have asked to see a pic of his pool had I known. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4 padzie2

4 yellow bellied turtles looking 4 new home any takers??? dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

i would but dublin is a bit of a trek on a bike with turtles.

• Advertisement

very true anybody at all leaving the country and need to find them a new homeicon9.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cottage5

We are moving to a small farm in Cavan, but my husband works in Blanchardstown. Are they still available?

Yes there still here waiting 4 a new home. How would u like to do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭deco28

i can look after them in my tank with my own turtles if interested can collect around liffey valley if your inetrested?

yes interested. u must have a pretty big tank then how many have u already got?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cottage5

I don't know how to send personal info on this site. Do you ever get up to Blanchardstown Shopping Centre? Maybe we can meet up. My kids would love some turtles.

Padzie 2 added to my original thread of rehoming turtles.
    Mine have been successfully rehomed. So his post is actually a totally different one.

It's not a case of just adding new turtles to a tank with a few others. People don't realise the space they need and what's involved. You need to research very carefully before getting turtles. I spent a fortune upgrading their tanks twice as they had grown so big. I ended up with a 5 foot tank on my kitchen counter and this was still too small for them. They were the size of dinner plates when I rehomed them. They will also eat you out of house and home, and their food is very expensive. Cleaning out the tank every week or even more often takes at least an hour if not more.

And believe me the novelty of them will wear off with the kids. It always does and that's just kids for you. It's normal that they lose interest and move on to something else.

Please think carefully before taking them on.

Advertisement