Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Rally Championship - NW Ireland 30 Jan 1 Feb

• 07-01-2009 11:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭

World Rally Championship is coming to Ireland at the end of the month. Useful information on Rallyireland.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

They have some crtieria for accreditation. I dont know if it would be worth it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Yes but I don't see why, if you're not looking to sell the pictures, you would be stopped from taking photographs along the road...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Not from that point view but from the seeing the rally with the amount of spectators. Dont know much about it, I would assume that part of the country would be nice to shoot in anyway?

Very pretty to be truthful.

I wouldn't mind a shot at some of the driving though although it's far from being my speciality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Maybe...
    I have to get map of the Stages to find out if I can get into some interesting places. Or to get inspired...

• Advertisement

I was going to practice panning on the Swords road on a Sat afternoon if I have my cam back in time.
    :-)

thOnda, there's a map on the rallyireland site but it's not all that detailed. If you have uhem contacts, I'd appreciate better details.

I don't have contacts, just money to buy a detailed map of stages including time schedules at some petrol station :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

I can't believe I haven't paid attention to this thread before now. I whinge about there never being any boards meets on this side of the Shannon and then a perfect opportunity drops into my lap:D

The full stage maps have now been published on Rallyireland.org.

Is anyone interested in a meet on Sunday, I have a fair knowledge of the back roads around these stages and there should be some great shooting opportunities. The shakedown stage on Thursday morning should be pretty cool as well, not sure yet if I can wrangle any time off for that though. The service yard is located in the Sligo IT car park and that should be another good opportunity.

Any takers?

I am going there on Friday - my first holiday this year :-)
    I have to check the locations first.

Hi AR

World class cars and drivers in the NW this weekend.

Fire me a pm if you'd like a guide for Sligo on Sunday. Same for anyone else who's around.

D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I'd like to go Sunday and using your link Dakar I've sent an email to find out the story on taking photographs.

Weather depending I might be around at some point on Sunday. But then again, am so totally shattered I might not go.

don't know yet.

I'm going to try and have a go at getting some shots at the shakedown prelim stage tomorrow morning. I'll let you know what access etc are like.

Horribly early though! I figure I'll need to be standing in a cold field before 7 tomorrow morning to get sorted with a good spot. Sunday should be easier

I am going on Friday. Any people there to meet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Is it all based around the Sligo area, or how far away does it get. Tried looking for an overall map of it on the site, but could only find very slow-to-load stage maps.

Oh yeah, and the weather is supposed to turn bad from tonight to the weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'd like to go Sunday and using your link Dakar I've sent an email to find out the story on taking photographs.

Probably get away with taking photos on the side of the road. I got the accreditation forms and they are extremely strict.

whyulittle wrote: »
    Is it all based around the Sligo area, or how far away does it get. Tried looking for an overall map of it on the site, but could only find very slow-to-load stage maps.

Oh yeah, and the weather is supposed to turn bad from tonight to the weekend!

The service area is in Sligo, where they come back to every night, it's a pretty impressive set up, I'm looking forward to trying to capture some of the buzz there at night.

The stages themselves are spread over Sligo, Leitrim, Donegal, Cavan, Fermanagh and Tyrone! Sunday is the handiest for me as I'm pretty close to a couple of stages and I'm not really that into trudging all over the country to follow it.

I had a go at taking some shots of the cars in action at the shakedown stage this morning. At the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious, they're quick!:D I thought I knew about panning, I was wrong, or at least I wasn't quick enough to keep up with them! So I changed tack and went for fast shutter speeds instead, I'll post some shots when I get them off the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭conair01

was down the north of monaghan for ford testing the car.

heres the snaps

http://pix.ie/cbphotography/album/333639

Advertisement