Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop v GAME

Options
  • 07-01-2009 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭

Gamestop should be ashamed do itself! Was looking to get MGS4 yesterday, stopped in GS first where there didnt seem to be any hint of a sale on. Wandered into GAME where MGS4 IS €38.40 new, it was €44 pre-owned in GS. Also picked up Fallout3 for €25 new. It was a proper sale whereby there is the old price and the sale price on the item.

There was a few more games that were calling my name but I had to exercise some control :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

not a bargain alert and all video game shops / online stores are like this,

they all stock rip offs as well as gems, HMV for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

GS do have a sale on and there are a few bargains to be had (Dead Space for €30 is the main one I can remember) but in general I find Game is usually cheaper and have better sales. And the preowned prices in GS are a joke too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

There are a lot of Game in BOTH Game and GameStop that are cheaper to buy new during the current sale then to get 2nd hand in the same shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

What the hell is this thread doing in tis forum????? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,766 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

well dead space for the xbox 360 is a tenner cheaper in Gamestop then Game or HMV

tit for tat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm confused as how this is a consumer issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

dudara wrote: »
    I'm confused as how this is a consumer issue?

It kind of is, 6 quid dearer for a second hand game could be deemed noteworthy.

Anyone that is a gaming nerd go on youtube and search "zero originality" and watch the "game" clips......it's educational.

I don't play video games myself because I am too busy reading about consumer issues on an internet forum. I'm not a frickin' nerd!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

lets not get started about both's trade in prices, €9 for prince of persia when it was 3 weeks old ffs :mad: told them id sooner keep it, thank god for ebay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

I usually use the Game website, works out quite cheep with the Sterling rate, loyalty card and 3 games for £15/£25 deals etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

Do they ship to here?

• Advertisement

Yes but they wont ship consoles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I usually use the Game website, works out quite cheep with the Sterling rate, loyalty card and 3 games for £15/£25 deals etc.

how did you use your reward card ? wont let me link mine to the account

I was over a year ago since I linked mine, they may have changed their system but it worked fine originally. It shows your balence etc aswell, I have about £50 worth so as soon as Sterling goes back up ill blow em. :D

Advertisement