Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Ashbourne

• 07-01-2009 12:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a feedback about Ashbourne

I live now in Kilcock, I have 2 kids, a daughter of 3 years old and a son of 4 months old, I work in Blanchardstown my commute is about 40 min. I am thinking about moving to Ashbourne as this will reduce my trip to work and it will be handy for us as most of our shopping and friends r in Dublin

I am concerned about schools: I already booked for my daughter in Kilcock so I am not sure how things going in Ashbourne regarding schools, kilcock is small town so I found a place for my kid

I am thinking to rent in Archerstown Wood and perhaps to buy in future if things become better

Any advise?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 benoit08

mmalaka,I live in ashbourne,have grown up theer and am very familiar with schools etc.,I'll give you a quick answer and let me know if you need more.Schools in Ashbourne can be tight as in any commuting town but you should generally be able to get a kid into any one of the three schools,all of them are good. If you are living in Archerstown wood, St. Mary's would probably be the nearest but St. Declan's is laso good,as indeed is the Irish school.There is one secondary school.
    Journey time to Blanch would be 30 mins at most.There are some good deals in houses around Ashbourne at the moment but Grimes or Tormey could tell you more(Estate agents).
    It's a nice town with good sporting facilities and Dublin is easily accesible,moreso with new motorway and bus service has improved.

Hope this answers for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

It shouldnt be too hard to get your kid into a school OP as there are three to choose from and from what i've heard three good schools.

Archerstown Wood are fabulous houses btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

benoit08 wrote: »
    mmalaka,I live in ashbourne,have grown up theer and am very familiar with schools etc.,I'll give you a quick answer and let me know if you need more.Schools in Ashbourne can be tight as in any commuting town but you should generally be able to get a kid into any one of the three schools,all of them are good. If you are living in Archerstown wood, St. Mary's would probably be the nearest but St. Declan's is laso good,as indeed is the Irish school.There is one secondary school.
    Journey time to Blanch would be 30 mins at most.There are some good deals in houses around Ashbourne at the moment but Grimes or Tormey could tell you more(Estate agents).
    It's a nice town with good sporting facilities and Dublin is easily accesible,moreso with new motorway and bus service has improved.

Hope this answers for you.

Hi, what sporting facilities are available in ashbourne, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

There's a GAA club, golf club, football and rugby club.
    Fairyhouse is not far away...there's a few pitch & putt courses close by and there's also a community hall. There's often karate, badminton, etc in there. There's also plans to redevelop it.

Advertisement