Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Perfromance after Service

Options
  • 07-01-2009 12:51pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I got my car serviced just before Christmas, it was the second service, to be honest I haven't noticed any difference in fuel economy but I have seen that when the car starts that it's revving very high (just over 2000 revs) and some times it can take a couple of seconds to start, it's a 07 car, any ideas what to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

I'd highly doubt it has anything to do with the service.

Take it back to the garage and explain your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It is very cold out. You just had to allow parts extra time to breath and work themselves into action in the mornings.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It was happening before this really cold weather, as you can guess I don't know much about cars but I would have thought that a newish car wouldn't have to have the key held to get it to start, not to mind the really high revs

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Is it a Diesel?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Nope, 1.6 petrol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

2000rpm is waaay too high for a 1.6 petrol idle. Could be a throttle body problem. Then again could be a lot of things.

Bring it straight back to the garage and get it sorted. That has nothing to do with the weather.

Cheers, rang them there, bringing it into them Friday week for them to have a look at it, still have 16 months on the warrenty so it shouldn't cost me anything

Booked in for the garage (main dealers) to have a look at it next week, have to bring it in cold so they can see the actual problem happen. Checked after the drive home this evening and the lowest the revs went to after an hours driving was ~1200

Advertisement