Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New TV conection problem.

• 07-01-2009 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭

I’m having a problem connecting my 360 elite with a new TV I bought, it’s the Sony KDLW4000.

The thing is I can connect it via component with the HDTV setting on the connector but when I try to use HDMI I get nothing, no sound or picture.
    I’ve tired all three HDMI inputs on the TV.

I’ve had the 360 connected to a widescreen LCD monitor using a HDMI converter and optical out to a 5.1 up until now with no problems.

Is there something silly I’m doing wrong? :confused:

Comments

No, it's Microsoft's problem.

Same thing happened to me, I was using hdmi cable no problems until the NXE update, then when it was launched, i was left with no sound (still had picture).

After a lengthy search on the 'net I found out that I wasn't alone. I have a BenQ 24" monitor (which i had for 2 days before the NXE launch, incidentally :mad:) and there were 2 options given across various forums:

Option 1:

...................(I'd never do this, unless desperate)

Turn on your xbox
    Wait until the dashboard loads
    Remove your Hard drive
    Re-attach hard drive
    This will force your xbox to reboot, and you should have sound.

Option 2

Connect hdmi cable as expected
    Turn TV/monitor to different channel (DVI, SVideo etc.)
    Wait 5 minutes
    Turn TV/monitor back to hdmi channel
    And you should have sound.

Not sure if this will work for picture as well, but it's worth a shot. Also worth pointing out that first time i tried option 2, it didn't work ('cos i didn't wait a full 5 minutes) so i gave it one more try and left it for 10 minutes, and it worked fine. Only problem is that I have to do it every time i turn on the xbox, and that i've no picture whatsoever when playing DVD's. :mad:

MS are supposed to be working on it but.....well, you know.

Source:

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/12/02/ms-admits-to-360-audio-problems-caused-by-nxe-working-towards-a/

http://www.destructoid.com/microsoft-admits-the-nxe-can-break-360-audio-outputs-working-on-fix-113264.phtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭bretttp1

No, it's Microsoft's problem.

Same thing happened to me, I was using hdmi cable no problems until the NXE update, then when it was launched, i was left with no sound (still had picture).

Thanks for that $hifty, but when I connect up via HDMI I get nothing at all not even a flicker, but all works fine via component, and I haven't got the NXE update yet.

'Fraid i'm no help there then. Best of luck getting it sorted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

'Fraid i'm no help there then. Best of luck getting it sorted.

Did you check the settins for the display on your xbox to make sure they are set right? Just worth a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

Ye check the settings and maybe the hdmi cable too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

Hi,
    I've got an Elite and have two suggestions, first one is an easy but rather stupid fix.
    When you connect your elite to the hd port on the tv make sure you switch both tv and xbox off then on again, then select hdmi rather than av1, av2.

Second fix is to reset the display settings which could also be a problem and one which I had a good while back when I connected the xbox to a new tv.
    It feels a bit odd doing this while the screen is blank but it worked for me.
    To reset the display settings of the Xbox 360 console to the default settings, follow these steps:
    Remove any discs from the disc tray.
    Turn the console off.
    Turn the console on.

Note If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn the console on by using the Xbox Guide button on the controller.

Note Make sure that you use the player 1 controller when you do this. The player 1 controller is the controller where the upper-left quadrant light is on.
    As the console starts, press and hold the Y button, and then pull the right trigger at the same time. This causes the Xbox Dashboard to reset the display settings to the default settings and then automatically restarts the console. So it's OK when the Xbox 360 console restarts.

Advertisement