Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is cabbage working for new O2?

• 07-01-2009 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭

hi
    i was using cabbage for sending sms from my mobile using free o2 messages
    since the o2 website changed, i cant send sms via cabbage

are there any o2 members using cabbage now>?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

sorry
    its working
    dowbnloaded new version
    can be closed now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

it was only down for about 48 hours :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

I can just about send a text :o when it comes to mobile stuff, but seriously... cabbage? I thought someone was having a laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

Wow, Cabbage is amazing, very well done Sam Vimes, it's great. It's fantastic that you are also giving away the source code.. I really like that.

I'm having a problem with Cabbage and getting error -16.

The problem is in this line in the CabbageSender VB project, (in the Form Load procedure).

mLeft = sendMsg(url & URLEncode(m) & "&c=1")

The sendMsg procedure returns with a value of -16.. I'm not sure what this means but I think it's a problem.

I'm on Vodafone by the way.

Any ideas? The error text is
    Error (-16) Failed checking messages before sending.

Cheers
    Joe

Wow, Cabbage is amazing, very well done Sam Vimes, it's great. It's fantastic that you are also giving away the source code.. I really like that.
    thank you :)
    I'm having a problem with Cabbage and getting error -16.

The problem is in this line in the CabbageSender VB project, (in the Form Load procedure).

mLeft = sendMsg(url & URLEncode(m) & "&c=1")

The sendMsg procedure returns with a value of -16.. I'm not sure what this means but I think it's a problem.

I'm on Vodafone by the way.

Any ideas? The error text is
    Error (-16) Failed checking messages before sending.

Cheers
    Joe
    yes that is a problem. what that line does is checks how many messages you have left so that if it then reports that sending failed, it can re-check your messages to see if it actually sent, meaning it doesn't keep re-sending the same message

unfortunately in older versions i had it set to change all the descriptive error messages to -16 if it was at the checking messages stage. it's changed in the latest release but i don't think i updated the code on the site.

the main possibilities are:
    you entered your login details wrong. you should have your phone number in the format 08x, not +3538x or anything like that. and your password should be exactly as you'd enter it on the vodafone website. does it have any special characters, eg a '%'?

your firewall is blocking the program. you should make sure that c:\documents and settings\<username>\application data\cabbage\cabbagesender.exe is allowed to access the internet through your firewall

but the first thing you should do is log into the vodafone site as normal because if you enter your login details wrong three times it locks you out for a while iirc.

then try this for me. fill in your details into the following url where you see the capitals, put it into your address bar and tell me what number it gives back:

http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php?u=YOUR_PHONE_NUMBER&p=YOUR_PASSWORD&s=v&d=YOUR_PHONE_NUMBER&m=hello

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

That's great!, I'll try some of those ideas a little later.

It has worked for me before.. I first heard about Cabbage a few days ago, downloaded it and it worked fine for a few days, sent about 20 to 30 texts. And then all of a sudden I started getting this message and now I always get it.

Good idea to log into the website and see if I can sign in and send texts there.

I modified your URL and got a return code of 260.

Cheers

That's great!, I'll try some of those ideas a little later.

It has worked for me before.. I first heard about Cabbage a few days ago, downloaded it and it worked fine for a few days, sent about 20 to 30 texts. And then all of a sudden I started getting this message and now I always get it.
    make sure that internet explorer isn't set to offline too
    I modified your URL and got a return code of 260.
    Cheers
    that means that you have the login details right anyway and that your account is ok

Advertisement