Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you do now that you are older

Options
  • 07-01-2009 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Just for fun could people post a few things that they do now that they are older that they would have deemed sad when they were younger,
    few of mine

1. picking up random rubbish and bringing it home to keep area tidy

2. checking the weather reports regularly

3. pyjamas
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Drinking alcohol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Wearing nappies.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

make a lot of noises...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Make noises when getting out of the chair.

Get called Sir by people that are even older than me.

Drive a nice car without the Gardai asking me "Is this your car?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

wash my hands after having a piss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭deleriumtremens

Eat human beings and check the news reports online.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Masterbate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Trim pubic region - I have a nice goatee goin on down there these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

Vote

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Stir paint in the tin using a specially reserved stick I keep in the garage :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

wash my hands after having a piss.

a mate of mine still says "do you not wash your dick" when i do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭NicheG

Stand at my front window giving piercing looks to kids playing football near my car/house.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

NicheG wrote: »
    Stand at my front window giving piercing looks to kids playing football near my car/house.

Is dat u mister? Giz the ball back, will ye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Shrink

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

* Not accept idiotic fools so easily any more.
    * Turn off X-factor/Big Brother type garbage a lot more
    * Watch the news
    * Wallop the heck out of loud teen brats in a cinema and shove their phones down their throats.
    * Have less patience for folk that just stand in your way having a nice chat, in the high street - "Get the FCUK OUT of my way you stupid cows!!!"
    * Throw back into the face of those doing it, the junk mail they shove through my door. NO - I don't want your frakin' forest of paper junk!
    * Spend much less time putting up with arseholes! "Frak OFF!"
    * Let bullies get away with their crap. If have a go at me, I'll break your frakin' arms and legs to begin with!"

I'm a lot more tolerant of those that are nice and go to the bother of understanding others, appreciating their time and patience to see a problem through more. That said, in general, I don't have time any more for ****. Years ago I'd just laugh at them. Now they can just get out of my way or I'll run right over them.

I'm old, I've seen a lot more crap. Us oldies don't have to take it any more. Don't like it? Sod off!
    I'm old and have a licence to grump!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

get called mister

enjoy the antiques roadshow

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Biggins wrote: »
    * Watch the news
    * Wallop the heck out of loud teen brats in a cinema and shove their phones down their throats.
    * Have less patience for folk that just stand in your way having a nice chat, in the high street - "Get the FCUK OUT of my way you stupid cows!!!"
    * Throw back into the face of those doing it, the junk mail they shove through my door. NO - I don't want your frakin' forest of paper junk!
    * Spend much less time putting up with arseholes! "Frak OFF!"
    * Let bullies get away with their crap. If have a go at me, I'll break your frakin' arms and legs to begin with!"

Say things online that you wouldnt have the guts to say to real people. Apparantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Trilla wrote: »
    a mate of mine still says "do you not wash your dick" when i do that

"we were taught not to pi$$ on our hands"

Sabotage wrote: »
    Say things online that you wouldnt have the guts to say to real people. Apparantly.

Wanna bet! You really don't know me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭abi2007

wear a silly hat! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Enjoy a nice night in with booze and films rather than making a tit of myself in a nightclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

• Rent cottages in the Isle of Wight.
    • Think about an old flame and wonder what went wrong while playing my old six string.
    • The more that I see the less that I know for sure.
    • Lie by the side of the road with the lorries rolling by.
    • Feel the way I do today because somebody makes me feel so young.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

* Watch the news
    :eek: Somebody needs a hug!
    I'm old and have a licence to grump!

Unfortunately, by being old, you also have a license to stand a far greater chance of getting seven shades of sh1t kicked out of you if you were as confrontational as you say you are. Just thought i'd point that out! Might save you a beating. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Shake my fist more.
    Complain about the pain in my knee when it's cold.

I'm only 26. Where did it all go wrong?

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

when i was ateenager i assumed all "old" people (ie 20 plus) wished they were younger. now that i'm nearly 30, i am so glad to be that age, and in fact i sometimes wish i was a bit older. i would hate to be younger again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Sabotage wrote: »
    Fizman wrote: »
    Unfortunately, by being old, you stand a far greater chance of getting seven shades of sh1t getting kicked out of you if you were as confrontational as you say you are. Just thought i'd point that out! Might save you a beating. ;)

If you've read any of Biggins' posts you'll know he's ex-*** with a black belt in his wardrobe kung fu and many years of experience in tactical hand to hand combat. A couple of scumbags wouldn't worry him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

goin for a nice walk....which i went on this morning ahhhhhhh im old

Fizman wrote: »
    :eek: Somebody needs a hug!

Unfortunately, by being old, you also have a license to stand a far greater chance of getting seven shades of sh1t kicked out of you if you were as confrontational as you say you are. Just thought i'd point that out! Might save you a beating. ;)

Nope. I've trained in Wado Kai (for years/5 to 6 days a week, fought for Ireland in the world Wado-Ryu katate Championships in Osaka Japan for example).
    I can look after myself and have done. Then moved on to the Israeli military Krav Maga form of self defence to increase my potential.
    If I have to use it once a year, thats too much but I'm older and just don't tolerate thug crap any more, Why should any of us have to do so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Wanna bet! You really don't know me.

I bet you wouldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Get a years subscription to Irelands Own.... or the RTE Guide...

Advertisement