Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you do now that you are older

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Examine my Tescos reciept to ensure the correct 2 for 1 deductions were taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've learned to not get so upset over life/state of affairs/state of world/other emo crap.

The internet is serious business, well it has been paying my wages for years anyway (ecom).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

sam34 wrote: »
    when i was ateenager i assumed all "old" people (ie 20 plus) wished they were younger. now that i'm nearly 30, i am so glad to be that age, and in fact i sometimes wish i was a bit older. i would hate to be younger again.

I wish I was 18 or so again and I would have slept with all those fat birds. An 18 year old girl wouldnt look at me twice now fat or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

biko wrote: »
    I've learned to not get so upset over life/state of affairs/state of world/other emo crap.

Ah but do ya still shi!t your knickers everytime there's a Dublin thread in AH? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Biggins wrote: »
    Nope. I've trained in Wado Kai (for years/5 to 6 days a week, fought for Ireland in the world Wado-Ryu katate Championships in Osaka Japan for example).
    I can look after myself and have done. Then moved on to the Israeli military Krav Maga form of self defence to increase my potential.
    If I have to use it once a year, thats too much but I'm older and just don't tolerate thug crap any more, Why should any of us have to do so?

And that means you can beat up teens in the cinema. You are AWESOME!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Ah but do ya still shi!t your knickers everytime there's a Dublin thread in AH? :D

Hahahaha ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Remove all the empty wrappers from the box of Roses...grrrrrrr That particulary grinds my gears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

If something comes to €3.17 in the shop, hand them a fiver and then tell them 'I have the 17cent if you want it?" :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Sabotage wrote: »
    And that means you can beat up teens in the cinema. You are AWESOME!

No, I'm just another arsehole but one that is not willing to take crap as easily. I've tackled other gob****es that are disturbing everyone's viewing.
    The young staff at our cinema are (understandably) afraid to tackle the group of young thugs that come in so they ask me for assistance. They know me because I train some of them.
    Grabbing them by their collars after many repeated warnings to shut up and sit down, which they ignore and continue to destroy others viewing pleasure, they are soon out on their ass on the pavement. They don't like it, tough.
    They should stop being arseholes! They get no sympathy from the cinema owner, staff and fee paying customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Look at 14yr olds smoking cigarettes and think '****in idiots', yet i was at the same back then. Hypocricy is great

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

No, I'm just another arsehole but one that is not willing to take crap as easily. I've tackled other gob****es that are disturbing everyone's viewing.
    The young staff at our cinema are (understandably) afraid to tackle the group of young thugs that come in so they ask me for assistance. They know me because I train some of them.
    Grabbing them by their collars after many repeated warnings to shut up and sit down, which they ignore and continue to destroy others viewing pleasure, they are soon out on their ass on the pavement. They don't like it, tough.
    They should stop being arseholes!

ah here, get back onto your couch and look at some more 24 or whatever shíte it is that has you thinking you're some kind of tough guy.

fúcking keyboard warrior altogether.

They should stop being arseholes! They get no sympathy from the cinema owner, staff and fee paying customers.

Jeez Mr Meldrew , get yourself a torrent downloader and then you watch movies in peace and quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Trim my nose hairs more (thankfully I don't have to deal with hairy ears yet)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

ClioV6 wrote: »
    ah here, get back onto your couch and look at some more 24 or whatever shíte it is that has you thinking you're some kind of tough guy.

fúcking keyboard warrior altogether.

Yea right!

I wish a lot more folk would grow a set of balls and stop accepting that people in general have to take the crap that is shoved into their faces.
    The Irish public is too complacent to their detriment. They moan and gripe about why things are bad, how these things happened and/or how did such such things be allowed to happen.
    Well maybe, if they stopped letting things slip by them, may be, just may be, there wouldn't be so much crap going on!

What have I learned as I got older, seen many other cultures and the way they deal with problems, etc? That your only on this merry-go-round of a planet once.
    You can either be a constant victim or once in a while actually stand up and say "I don't have to take this crap".

I look forwards to the day that "Zero Tolerance" is introduced into this country as law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

beer before you lick it, not as bitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Indeed, if there's something I can't stand it's Dubs out of their territory ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Yea right!

What program did you get that from..or film?
    oh..V for Vendetta yeah?!

lol..oh you're oh so tough.

anyway,
    driving and masturbating..
    not at the same time..mind..

biko wrote: »
    Indeed, if there's something I can't stand it's Dubs out of their territory ;)

What, on holidays wearing their Dublin Jerseys sitting in the british pub watching only fools and horses with the 3 lions white t-shirt family.

:D

Cringe Cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Nope. I've trained in Wado Kai (for years/5 to 6 days a week, fought for Ireland in the world Wado-Ryu katate Championships in Osaka Japan for example).
    I can look after myself and have done. Then moved on to the Israeli military Krav Maga form of self defence to increase my potential.
    If I have to use it once a year, thats too much but I'm older and just don't tolerate thug crap any more, Why should any of us have to do so?

Mr. Miyagi? Is that you? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Have a ride without a 'love tape' on the go

Enjoy laughing at students and teenage subcultures

Complain that <insert current indie band> sounds exactly like <older indie band>

See fashions come around for the second (and third time). And always the sh*t ones for some reason

Actually empathizing and getting on with your parents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Think that going to bed after 11pm during the week is "late".

Worry about being out too late midweek.

Roll my eyes when I see a group of kids in the street laughing and messing.

Make an involuntary noise when I bend down to pick something up.

Laugh @ young folks when a song spat up from the 80's remixed into a dance song gets to number one and they say its new and THEN when they hear the original they say someone has covered the dance song.

Its like Ray Foley bringing back Journey. A lot of teenagers thought it was new.

Or like

Leo Sayer. Idiots bought up this new dance version like it was any good and claimed the original was a remix.

*Sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

- I get upset when I find odd socks and can't match them up.
    - I keep shopping bags in the boot of the car.
    - I go around the house turning lights off
    - I shave my shoulders (not kidding)

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Berty wrote: »
    Laugh @ young folks when a song spat up from the 80's remixed into a dance song gets to number one and they say its new and THEN when they hear the original they say someone has covered the dance song.

I try not to let that irritate me. I fail miserably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

javaboy wrote: »
    • Feel the way I do today because somebody makes me feel so young.

Thanks javaboy. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i give out about young people even though im still only 27:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Yea right!

I wish a lot more folk would grow a set of balls and stop accepting that people in general have to take the crap that is shoved into their faces.
    The Irish public is too complacent to their detriment. They moan and gripe about why things are bad, how these things happened and/or how did such such things be allowed to happen.
    Well maybe, if they stopped letting things slip by them, may be, just may be, there wouldn't be so much crap going on!

What have I learned as I got older, seen many other cultures and the way they deal with problems, etc? That your only on this merry-go-round of a planet once.
    You can either be a constant victim or once in a while actually stand up and say "I don't have to take this crap".

I look forwards to the day that "Zero Tolerance" is introduced into this country as law.

Sorry. Nope. You're a keyboard warrior. Learning to deal with the million little tiny annoyances of everyday life is part of being a normal member of a functioning society. All this talk of "being a victim" and "zero tolerance" is bollocks. If you feel like you are a victim of everyday life and feel you need to kick the sh*t out of anyone whose ringtone displeases you then its your own problem, not everyone else's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,921 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Berty wrote: »

Its like Ray Foley bringing back Journey. A lot of teenagers thought it was new.

Or like

Leo Sayer. Idiots bought up this new dance version like it was any good and claimed the original was a remix.

*Sigh
    Someone text into the Ian Dempsey show saying that they liked the Snow Patrol version of 'Run' that he just played but preferred the Leona Lewis original. I nearly crashed my car with anger

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Reflector

couple more

* Read the Economist

* Sit downstairs on the bus

* Listen to classical music by choice

* check that my wallet is in my backpocket anytime 3 or more teens or a beggar walks by me (bit ashamed of this one)

* Have a nap before going out for the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Reflector

cornbb wrote: »
    - I get upset when I find odd socks and can't match them up.
    - I keep shopping bags in the boot of the car.
    - I go around the house turning lights off
    - I shave my shoulders (not kidding)

:(

I do all these things also *sob

Advertisement