Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you do now that you are older

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I notice I turn off more, the more boring sports. Cricket, snooker, Show jumping, etc.
    They just make me pick up a book or go do something more productive.

(Is cricket one of the most boring sports ever!)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

cornbb wrote: »
    - I keep shopping bags in the boot of the car.
    +1
    It just make good sense :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I'm sorry to hear that man, that must have been a jarring moment of realisation. (Also the funniest thing i've read in ages)
    Yeah, it was pretty weird alright, one of those moments where time and space just seem to stop for a second. I was stirring away, mixing the paint and I remember standing bolt upright in the garage and my wife said "What's wrong?". I just said, "I'm my Dad!". Took a while to explain I meant :D I don't know if she felt the same sense of total realisation that I did though.
    I have commented and given about 'those bloody leaves keep blowing in'. I am now my grandfather.
    :D I've done that one too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    I think Ive gone in reverse.. Im 33 now.. however I..

Drink more now than I did in my 20s,
    Go out more
    Party more
    Buy more clothes
    Travel more

Eek!! Whats happening to me??? :eek::confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-life_crisis
    cornbb wrote: »
    - I keep shopping bags in the boot of the car.

Thank god someone else does this. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

P.A.Y.E.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,205 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Noticing that a lot of the things mentioned here don't seem that old to me at all...

Noticing how the general age group of boards seems to be younger than me nowadays! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

I think you learn to appreciate tidiness and cleanliness in your home more as you get older.

I do the shopping bags in the car too.

I check the oil levels and tyre pressure monthly, and before a particularly long drive, never did that when I was 18.

I pay all the bills promptly, do all my ironing in one go, as opposed to just before I need to go out in something, and do a weekly supermarket run for all the essentials.

I never run out of milk, bread, toilet paper, shampoo or any of lifes necessities.

I change my bedlinen weekly, without exception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    - Watch the news and tell people to be quiet during the weather forecast.
    - Make sure I'm wearing the appropriate clothing for the predicted weather before leaving the house.
    - Switch off the lights in rooms that are empty.
    - Complain if the immersion is left on needlessly.
    - Read terms and conditions.
    - Buy pints and lunches for friends without keeping track of them 'owing' me anything back.
    - Have sex a lot more.

+1 !

oh and actually listen to Matt Cooper and like it ! rather than turn it off as i did when i was younger!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,921 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I a;ways listen to Matt Cooper on my way home from work whenever I want to drive slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Stop using usernames like anonoboy and javaboy thinking I am still young and hip.

Sorry boys couldn't resist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

• Have more than €2.77 left in my bank account at the end of the week
    • Get my hair cut more often
    • Own clothes other than jeans and t-shirts
    • Wear clothes other than jeans and t-shirts
    • Watch films that have subtitles in them
    • Refuse to go into bars because the music is too loud
    • Listen to current affairs shows on the wireless
    • Think Home and Away is rubbish and how did I ever watch such sh!te

• Registered Users Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I've been called missus by kids

im 17:o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

dSTAR wrote: »
    Stop using usernames like anonoboy and javaboy thinking I am still young and hip.

Sorry boys couldn't resist.

[ ] Do washing up
    [x] Hoover room
    [x] Fix toilet
    [ ] Call plumber to fix my effort at plumbing
    [ ] Kill dStar!

:pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I've been called missus by my kids
    im 17:o

So your kids call you 'missus'. What's that got to do with anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    So your kids call you 'missus'. What's that got to do with anything?
    evil post editing fecker:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

javaboy wrote: »
    Kill dStar!
    OK meet me at the Mungerannie Hotel at 7pm next Saturday night and lets settle this once and for all. Its a bit out in the back o' Bourke but it shouldn't be too hard to find ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

realise girls in their 20s are idiots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Hardly ever look in the mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Confirming
    Becoming less attractive
    Worry
    Realise that money is not everything -but is ultra important.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

One big one:

When flicking through the channels to see what to watch, I think, "Oh Good" when I see that RTE news is just starting :o

I can remember the torture as a child of having to wait until my Dad was finished watching the 6 o'clock news. I could never understand how he could watch such boring crap!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

I've got a favourite armchair and if anyone else sits in it, there's trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

The main one for me is giving out about/leaving/not going into pubs because the music is too loud and I don't want to have to shout over it.

I've also learned over the last few years I prefer dingy older bars to the new modern "superpub" style things.

Also going into a club with my friends recently and realising we were probably the oldest in there :o

I'm 24

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

evil post editing fecker:p

I have no idea what you're talking about. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

c - 13 wrote: »
    The main one for me is giving out about/leaving/not going into pubs because the music is too loud and I don't want to have to shout over it.

I've also learned over the last few years I prefer dingy older bars to the new modern "superpub" style things.

Also going into a club with my friends recently and realising we were probably the oldest in there :o

I'm 24

A lot of what you wrote, Im 24 also. Scary how these things creep up on you, and you never even notice the change!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

"Also going into a club with my friends recently and realising we were probably the oldest in there"

Stop going to Redz...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

I knew I was officially part of the "older" crowd when I finally didnt care what anyone else thought about what I was wearing, how my hair looked etc.. and I was just having fun and living life the way it was meant to be lived ;)
    I quite prefer being a happy adult rather than the angst filled angry youngin' I once was.

I also knew Id crossed the line when I started going to bed at 10pm and waking up at 5am and not thinking there was something wrong with that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

- Checking the front door of the house is properly closed because otherwise there will be draft.

- Referring to youths or the young set without in any way referring to yourself

- Giving out about the quality of music "they" listen to today despite realising there was loads of sh1te music when I was a teenager as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭contact23

BEAT wrote: »
    I knew I was officially part of the "older" crowd when I finally didnt care what anyone else thought about what I was wearing, how my hair looked etc.. and I was just having fun and living life the way it was meant to be lived ;)
    I quite prefer being a happy adult rather than the angst filled angry youngin' I once was.

I also knew Id crossed the line when I started going to bed at 10pm and waking up at 5am and not thinking there was something wrong with that...

a mod i can believe in at last... dude i hear ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

work, work and more work

drive a car

sex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Reflector wrote: »

1. picking up random rubbish and bringing it home to keep area tidy

ha ha thats gaye

Advertisement