Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Man hit by car in Newport Very Funny

Options
  • 07-01-2009 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

I thought this was funny because nobody was hurt.

I came out of the shop earlier and a guy was across the road looking into my car and at the alloys.

I was crossing the road and unlocked the doors. He got a shock and was really embarassed. He was a middle aged well dressed man so I knew nothing was wrong as though he might want to break in.

He asked me a few questions whilst walking backwards away from me and the car across the road to his car. He said he was interested in upgrading from his 04 passat to that model Audi. I kept trying to interrupt him to tell him "Stop, there is a car coming" but he would not listen and possibly due to his embarassment he kept backing up into the middle of the road without listening to me. I was half expecting the car or him to stop but neither did.

It hit him in the side but only lightly he only got a fright but his bag of chips exploded all over the bonnett of the car and the ketchup and mayonaisse with chips went all over the bonnett and windscreen.

The driver hops out mad as hell but didnt know whether to shout at him or ask him was he ok.

His wife came over from the shop shouting at him and dragged him off the ground and nearly threw him into his own car and then scowled at me and the other driver.

Oh funny times. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Ah no. What a waste of a good bag of chips... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

Ha ha ha! Wish I'd seen that. Was it a white car? the ketchup explosion would look nice and gruesome :D

One thing puzzles me: why didn't the driver stop?! If i saw someone walking backwards in the street I'd have twigged that he mightn't see/hear me.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It was near a corner so they both had little time to react or should I say the driver. The driver would have seen me pointing at the car saying "mind the car" so probably expected the guy to stop walking backwards.

It was a semi white car. An old corolla that was once white but is now a strange white colour.

It was the highlight of my day.

Yesterday I saw a crashed 09 Yaris with two old people looking at the mysterious kerb that was magically placed in their path. LOL @ You old folks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

brought a smile to my face that did. cheers!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

what ? Did he not offer to wash the mayo off the car? :p:p

heh, heh, new SIMI campaign: "Do you want fries with that ?? :p:p:p:D:D:D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

If you want to see really funny parking and driving in general you have got to take a trip to Newport, Co. Tipp. I can picture exactly what Berty described. People park everywhere and anywhere there, which makes it an obstacle course at the best of times. Most people don't look out there windscreen when driving through there either. Too busy being nosy trying to find out what all the neighbours are up to.

I have seen people(farmers) arrive at the square in Newport, turn off the engine while the car/jeep is still on gear and get out before the vehicle has come to a stop.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

h3000 wrote: »
    If you want to see really funny parking and driving in general you have got to take a trip to Newport, Co. Tipp. I can picture exactly what Berty described. People park everywhere and anywhere there, which makes it an obstacle course at the best of times. Most people don't look out there windscreen when driving through there either. Too busy being nosy trying to find out what all the neighbours are up to.

I have seen people(farmers) arrive at the square in Newport, turn off the engine while the car/jeep is still on gear and get out before the vehicle has come to a stop.

Well. You know the square so. We were driving home from Limerick and there was a DHL articulated lorry in front of us. He did a full 180 turn in the square and headed back towards Limerick. I could not believe he could have even made the turn. No 3 point turn, just a full wheel lock and he turned.

The town is a funny place to be for parking. Abandoment is a way of life outside Gullys shop and the hardware shop.

The worst parking I saw was this morning outside the Bank of Ireland next to the Castletroy Park hotel. I was waiting for the bank to open and they have BOI spaces for customers. This woman was parked in two spaces for 20 minutes waiting for the bank to open. I parked in the next free one. She was sitting their with her indicator on reading her book whilst intermitantly turning to shout at her child in the back. I went into the bank and when I was coming out she was walking past me with her child. Normal yes but her indicator was still flashing on her Scenic. The engine was still running and the other baby( i didnt see earlier ) was in the baby seat asleep.

I could not believe it. Had the child not being in the car I would have taken the keys of the car and handed them to her when she came out telling her that I could have been anybody and she is lucky I took her keys and not some scumbag.

Dozy bint!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Berty wrote: »
    I thought this...

Oh funny times. :D

I read the title, and was like,"WTF", then i saw the poster and was laughing as it loaded. Nice to laugh once in a while haha

Lazy so and so driving to the chipper when it 100 yards away from your house:P

Advertisement