Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sapphire ati 4850 driver issue

Options
  • 07-01-2009 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

I updated my drivers to version 8.12 but now am unable to open the catalyst control centre. Anyone have any ideas? I am running xp pro 64 bit os.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Did you install Microsoft .net 2.0?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

i didn't install it seperately myself. my friend installed xp on my pc recently and i don't know if he has it installed.

how will i know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

bennyob wrote: »
    i didn't install it seperately myself. my friend installed xp on my pc recently and i don't know if he has it installed.

how will i know?

Microsoft .net 2.0 should be listed in add/remove programs in the control panel if it is installed.

uberpixie wrote: »
    Microsoft .net 2.0 should be listed in add/remove programs in the control panel if it is installed.

yeah, it's there. i seen it at home in my add/remove programe list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bikki

Are you running cross fire? As there is a issue with 8.12 and it.

• Advertisement

bikki wrote: »
    Are you running cross fire? As there is a issue with 8.12 and it.

no, i have a single 512mb card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Install 8.11 drivers and see if it works with them.
    Can always go back to 8:12 again but only do a driver install and not the manager program install. Might work..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Don't suppose you get a error message about fonts do you?

yeah i could roll back to 8.11 but i wan't the fan control function on 8.12. mine seems to be blowing 100% all of the time and is pretty loud.

no error message at all. nothing happens when i try to open catalyst control centre.

Advertisement