Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coldest I have been on the bike this morning in a long time!!

• 07-01-2009 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭

I was 4 layers plus windshetter and 2 pairs of gloves woolen ones underneath my Leather ones but I was still freezing especially my hands!!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

It was a cold one alright,I was out on the bike at 05:30.It was a strange morrning when I woke up I taught Jesus its cold going to be frosty out,when I got out onto the roads it was strange no frost not even on car windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Dub13 wrote: »
    It was a cold one alright,I was out on the bike at 05:30.It was a strange morrning when I woke up I taught Jesus its cold going to be frosty out,when I got out onto the roads it was strange no frost not even on car windows.

Yeah, past couple of mornings have been bitter at 6am but the roads themselves have been ok. no frost on my route at all. Had a full week of frost during a milder period before xmas. Ahh well, no frost so can't complain too much about the coldness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Riding home last night at 11 and my breath was freezing up on the inside of the visor. The roads for the most part where fine. I'd love to know where the guys who slagged my bar muffs where last night....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'm retiring my bike for work purposes until feb at least. I cycled today as i'm trying to get fit again and almost had a heart attack. Stopped midway and jumped in a taxi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

This morning was the coldest in quite a while, my hands were frozen, the rest of me was fine though.

I've started to get up 5 mins early these mornings and have a cup of tea, helps heat me up :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

RasTa wrote: »
    I'm retiring my bike for work purposes until feb at least. I cycled today as i'm trying to get fit again and almost had a heart attack. Stopped midway and jumped in a taxi.
    LOL! :D

When you get that "Oh my God I'm going to have a heart attack" feeling just slow the pace down for about 5 minutes and you'll be ready to push again! Try it! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

Fair amount of ice around my way this morning, bit hairy until I got onto the more main roads which appear to have been gritted? All was fine on them anyhow. Fingers were burning a bit from the cold when I got off the bike but have to say, having just bought a new Hein Gericke jacket there two weeks ago, absolutely fantastic jacket, was roasting altogether. By far the best jacket I've ever had (having had previous experience with Richa, Weiss, Lockwell and, er, Aldi ... ) - everything either zips or clips tight and has the most fantastic storm collar that tucks right up into the chin of the helmet. I could have driven for hours and hours in it. Plus it has thirteen pockets!!! I don't have enough stuff to put in all them pockets, gonna have to go buy more things obviously ...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

How much did you pay for the Hein Gericke jacket..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I'm with art here, get a decent jacket! A windsheeter? You might as well be wearing a plastic bag!
    I got a savage Hein Gericke jacket about 4 years ago, it's really warm, cost about €250. You can't afford not to get one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

Dub13 wrote: »
    How much did you pay for the Hein Gericke jacket..?

299 sterling which worked out, on the day, to 314 euros. Really was a steal for the level of quality you get, has all the extras, even a crouch strap for, er, keeping your crouch in place or something ... :p

Also worth mentioning is that you get five years warranty on the thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

They're seriously high quality. Dainese quality

Advertisement