Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lonesome dog in Smithfield!

Options
  • 07-01-2009 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Has anyone else noticed a small scraggy dog running around the Smithfield area on his own? Im not sure what breed he is but he's creamy coloured with some brown markings. He is very scraggy and had a big bit of dirt matted into his fur on one side of his head. He does wear a collar but hes too timid to let me get close enough to see if there is an address on it. He seems happy enough running around doing his own thing but he's always running across the luas line and the road that's next to Dice bar and i'm scared he's going to get run over. He looks well fed,he just needs needs a good wash and a brush.

Don't really know why i'm posting cos the dog seems happy enough and i presume he lives in Smithfield. Guess im just wondering if anyone else knows of the dog and what they think of him being allowed to roam free all day and night (i've seen him out at 8am and last weekend at midnight)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 clairem

I think I've seen that dog at Smithfield Luas stop a few times. He looks like some sort of westie cross. He looks pretty well fed so I'm sure he's fine. I live just down the road from there in Stoneybatter and I'm always amazed by the number of people on our road who let their dogs wander the streets all day. I'd never let my two out on their own. Anything could happen to them :-( I also find it a pain when Im walking my own two on their leads and we get approached by the neighbourhood dogs. Plus they poo everywhere and since they're on their own it's not picked up :-(

Advertisement