Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a T.V. up North -Can I get 4 Irish channels with indoor aerial?

Options
  • 07-01-2009 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hello

Wanna get a t.v up north mainly for watching dvds but would like to be able to get the 4 irish channels.

Just saw a notice in an ad for a t.v. in richersounds PLEASE NOTE: this is a U.K. model and will not tune analogue T.V. signals in the RepubliC of Ireland,

Will any t.v. that I buy up north be able to pick up the 4 irish stations with a plug in aerial?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Swift66 wrote: »
    Hello

Wanna get a t.v up north mainly for watching dvds but would like to be able to get the 4 irish channels.

Just saw a notice in an ad for a t.v. in richersounds PLEASE NOTE: this is a U.K. model and will not tune analogue T.V. signals in the RepubliC of Ireland,

Will any t.v. that I buy up north be able to pick up the 4 irish stations with a plug in aerial?

Thanks

Depends on what part of Ireland you are in, UK analogue is UHF only, Ireland is a mixture of UHF & VHF.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Swift66 wrote: »
    Just saw a notice in an ad for a t.v. in richersounds PLEASE NOTE: this is a U.K. model and will not tune analogue T.V. signals in the RepubliC of Ireland
    Isn't analogue being witched off in the UK? BBC, etc, are all going digital.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Any TV's I've seen that have come from the UK over the years couldn't pick up RTE & Network 2, you have a get a converter for it to work.

If you have sky/UPC this shoul;dn't be a problem afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Depends on what part of Ireland you are in, UK analogue is UHF only, Ireland is a mixture of UHF & VHF.

Mizacly.

Most urban areas are served by UHF and you'll be OK. Rural/remote areas are often served by VHF

Advertisement